Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blueroses3

Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game Empty
PostSubject: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi,
Please look for a scoreboard message in memory of my brother, Gary, who died suddenly last May. Gary was a True Blue Michigan fan all his life, and his passing was completely unexpected and far too soon. My sister and I thought that this would be a good way of honoring him and marking his presence at the game--I'm sure he'll be there in spirit. The message will be run after the first and/or second quarters. Please give Gary a cheer and a "Go Blue" when you see it.

Beat State!

Go Blue, forever!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Sorry about your brother. While I never knew him, I'm sure that he'll be smiling at his memory being on the scoreboard at that game.

Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Roses. Being your brother is evidence enough his passing was far too untimely. Your sister and you had a
great idea on how best to honor Gary...given the choice (if he could have),
can you think of anything he would have preferred to a scoreboard message in his honor at the 'House??? I strongly doubt it.

Courage, strength, and all of our best...from us all.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Roses, very sorry for your loss.

It is good to see you back here. Hope you continue to post. I enjoy conversing with you on here.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 am

I will look BLue.

I have expressed my condolences a couple of times.

I'm so osrry for the passing of your brother. He WILL be there Sayerday!

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 am

Hi StJoe, Michmike et al, Thanks for your kind words. Gary will be present at the game, as he has been for 40 years (never missing a home game since he was a child). Gary's service ended with a procession to the Stadium and a tour of the Jack Roth Stadium Club and locker room. We gathered on the fifty yard line while a Marching Band trumpeter (one of my sister's students) played the alma mater and we sang The Victors. I laid twelve yellow roses, and one red (for the Rose Bowl and for Gary's personalized license plate ROSES4M), on the block M in the middle of the field. The sadness lifted when we all sang together and were able to celebrate Gary's love for Michigan sports, especially the football team.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am

Wow Roses.

I just got goose bumps.

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 pm

As Joe said, Roses, "WOW!" is right. And here's hoping, with all within me, that anyone you and Sis shared that story with had the class and grace to forebear from using words like "Over the top". I know none of us would.

As a late uncle (though he a PSU fan) of mine would have said, had he been able to read your story (and knowing as much as unca did of my alma mater's program), after we put MSU back in its place Saturday, "I bet Gary and Bob Ufer are sharing a case of Colt-45 ML right now, and singing The Victors up in that really Big House."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game   Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game Empty

Back to top Go down

Look for message on scoreboard during MSU game
Page 1 of 1