Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

shoes...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Read your post on the other board, regarding a specific time when you took your son to a game and knew at an exact moment that he was hooked.

Was wondering if you would care to share your story?

Reminds me of my father, who is the one responsible for my Michigan fandom. I wonder if he has a similar story that he hasn't shared with me yet.

Anyway, if you'd like to share, great. If not, no biggie. Some of those memories people like to keep to themselves.

Either way, GO BLUE! cheers

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Would you like to hear mine?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 pm

I'll listen to anyone's!

wshoes

wshoes

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Screw-

It wasn't nearly as dramatic as Flabluefan's case. In 1992 in a blow-out of Houston, Tyrone Wheatley ran back a kick-off for a TD (the only time he did that in his great Mich career. The crowd was pumped and my then 7 year old son was so excited. It was a special moment.

Not quite so exciting was a moment 2 years later when we lost on the Hail Mary to Colorado, in a game we watched together on TV. When I was consoling him, I knew that he had inherited my passion which includes the grief after a loss.

Of course as a baby when I would give him his bath, we'd have a big plastic Michigan cup in the bathtub along with the rubber ducks and other toys. I would always hold it up to him and say: "Michigan, the big M, Go Blue!" So I guess you can say I did my best to indoctrinate him early.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Did you HAVE to mention that %#@*&^! Colorado game? I still get upset when I think about it. Thank God I haven't seen a replay of the game-ending pass (so far) this year. I blame Lllloyd for that one, with a weak rush giving Steward 15 minutes to pass.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry Dwoody- yes as painful as painful can be.

Having to console my son did at least force me to be an "adult" about a loss.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Funny that you mention that Colorado game.

That happened prior to my Michigan fandom. In fact, at that point in my life, I rooted for anyone and everyone that played against my father's favorite teams.

I don't know why, but I did.

I can remember that day like it was yesterday, even though I had just turned 8 years old. I remember him being back in his bedroom. He had fallen asleep with the game on, assuming that it was over. I was out in the living room, watching, ticked off that Michigan was about to win.

Then the ball went in the air, and that Colorado player came down with the ball.

I sprinted straight to my dad's bedroom, jumped on the bed and started screaming. He had no idea what was going on. Finally I belted out "Michigan lost! Michigan lost! hahaha"

He couldn't believe it. He ran back out to the living room to see the replays.

He, obviously, wasn't very happy.

Anyway...just thought I'd share that story since that game was brought up.

My first true season as a fan, watching every game, watching all the Michigan Replays and so forth, was....1997. Pretty good time to start.

Sponsored content

shoes... Empty
PostSubject: Re: shoes...   shoes... Empty

Back to top Go down

shoes...
Page 1 of 1