Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attn. Admin.

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
Admin
michmike
BetterThansparty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:22 am

One word, Navy? Razz
Back to top Go down
michmike

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 am

What'ya fucking guys have...a blood feud? Seems you are always on top of any IU gaffe, or any Admin gaffe attributable to his IU degree (e.g., his suggestion of a Rose Bowl birth...)

Geezus! Can't we all merely bask in the glow of the darkness of Lil Bro's room, to the corner of which we've finally relegated him?

Cripes, guy, I'd at times almost guess you're the second coming of Dantonio!! Always a scowl...

BTW---joking aside, 2nd---did he crack his un-smile even after the faked punt succeeded???
sooouuuurrrrpuss!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 am

IU is awful.

No doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:30 am

Admin wrote:
IU is awful.

No doubt about it.

In which case OSU is far from the superteam the talking heads made them out to be at season's onset.

Though we've known that for awhile now. MSU, IU and esp. Purdue games bore that out.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 am

Ohio has played no one good yet, but continues to struggle. I really think UM can beat them.

Any word on Miller? He looked like he got hit by a bus when they took him off the field yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 am

Miller is fine. Hit his head. He is being released this morning. No concussion or other damage.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/braxton_miller_fine_after_injury_forced_him_from_purdue_game/12016175
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:41 am

That surprises me. Did you see the way he left the field. I thought he was done for the season. It was paiful to watch him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:33 pm

It wasn't labled a concussion but it was a head injury. It wasn't labled a concussion (IMHO) for 2 reasons: 1.) He went to ohio state university hospital, not the most reputable health care facility around. They're much better at diagnosing cows & pigs than humans. 2.) There is no way urban would allow that because then Braxton would have to pass the concussion tests and Miller couldn't do that without an injury. The creatins in ohio would never stand for their QB beiung out. I hate saying this but if Miller gets a big hit next week his career is over. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with.

Seeing fish's reaction was refreshing. I say that because of the multiple disagreements that we have had regarding the role of the league in preventing injuries. Now there was nothing that could have been done to prevent that particular injury from the way Miller sustained it (regular tackle) but it goes to show that the personal fouls, the kickoff adjustments, etc. are warranted. Injuries are going to happen, that's just a part of life. But you can minimize the risk. Serious Head Injuries do not heal like broken bones. Even smaller Head Injuries do not heal, unfortunately the affects remain with you and are compounded when another "small head injury" is sustained making it a massive injury.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:15 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
It wasn't labled a concussion but it was a head injury. It wasn't labled a concussion (IMHO) for 2 reasons: 1.) He went to ohio state university hospital, not the most reputable health care facility around. They're much better at diagnosing cows & pigs than humans. 2.) There is no way urban would allow that because then Braxton would have to pass the concussion tests and Miller couldn't do that without an injury. The creatins in ohio would never stand for their QB beiung out. I hate saying this but if Miller gets a big hit next week his career is over. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with.

Seeing fish's reaction was refreshing. I say that because of the multiple disagreements that we have had regarding the role of the league in preventing injuries. Now there was nothing that could have been done to prevent that particular injury from the way Miller sustained it (regular tackle) but it goes to show that the personal fouls, the kickoff adjustments, etc. are warranted. Injuries are going to happen, that's just a part of life. But you can minimize the risk. Serious Head Injuries do not heal like broken bones. Even smaller Head Injuries do not heal, unfortunately the affects remain with you and are compounded when another "small head injury" is sustained making it a massive injury.

You don't know any of that. Why would you say something like that about Meyer or Ohio State's hospital for that matter, basing it off of nothing? BTW, the injury looked like a shoulder to me, so if anything they could be concealing a banged up shoulder.

It makes no sense for Meyer to trade Miller's well being for playing time this year. There is no conference championship or NC in jeopardy, so your allegations are ridiculous -borderline rob213 logic.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Is it possible to make a point without resorting to name-calling? Is it more civil?
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:33 pm

who was name calling
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:43 pm

WhatsYourDeal wrote:
You don't know any of that. Why would you say something like that about Meyer or Ohio State's hospital for that matter, basing it off of nothing? BTW, the injury looked like a shoulder to me, so if anything they could be concealing a banged up shoulder.

It makes no sense for Meyer to trade Miller's well being for playing time this year. There is no conference championship or NC in jeopardy, so your allegations are ridiculous -borderline rob213 logic.

Sigh... Yes I do actually. I know an incredible amount about neurological injuries (not that much is known about them in general, it's a vastly unkown discipline). Miller could not walk by himself, looked as if he was in a daze, and with every passing second he was in more pain. The mind controls EVERYTHING. You name it, the mind controls it.

It was reported that Miller was taken to Wexner at ohio. Wexner did all of the basic tests; cognitive, x-ray, movement, etc. on Miller and he checked out OK. That means that there was nothing wrong physically (your shoulder injury diagnosis was incorrect, teach you to listen to TV announcers) but judging simply from the movements that he was displaying and the fact that they took him to the hospital he had his "bell-rung" quite severely. Just in that time it took to go from the field to the hospital he was able to gather himself to pass the cognitive test, but that doesn't mean that damage did occur.

Sports are everything in ohio. People in ohio identify with the ohio football team more than the ohio hospital. Remember when I said that neurological injuries are vastly unknown? Most people do not understand them and I can help show that by some of the comments that were made by people following the limosine accident following the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals where Vladimir Konstantinov sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury. Most people that were iunterviewed following that accident kind of blew-off the injury saying that he could "shake it off". One person even had the audacity to say that "Vladdy will be fine, he's taken bigger hits on the ice." People just don't know about head injuries and it's even moreso in ohio. University Hospital at The University of Michigan is one of the top hospitals in TBI rehabilitation, and from that you can extrapolate that outside citizens would at least be more aware of those conditions existing simply because of survivor's, professionals, etc. existing in the community at large. Wexner is the best hospital in the state of ohio for those types of injuries but that doesn't say that much. ohio is after all an ag. school. ohio is a land-grant school and will always trail UM in academics/research/etc. Why do you think that ohio has pathologic sports fans? You honestly have nothing else to brag about, Miami is arguably a better school (in your defense Miami University isn't your typical MAC school, it actually is a fairly decent college).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_University

jocolor
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

lol this quote: "People just don't know about head injuries and it's even moreso in ohio."

Ever hear of the Cleveland Clinic? How about University Hospital?

Please, Ohio is home to seven presidents...and it's always one of the most important states in every election. It's a microcosm of the US if anything. Sports are no more important in Ohio than they are in Michigan.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Yes, University Hospital in ANN ARBOR is good. I'll give you a little credit, the Cleveland Clinic is pretty good (but quite a distance from o$u). The reason why ohio is an important state in every election is simply due to population which translates into electoral college votes. The residents in ohio are sheep, they fall for political rhetoric. If you really want your due fame for Presidential elections you basically gave dubya his second term, That didn't work-out too great for the entire country, thanks a lot for taking an entire country down to your level.

Ya know, for someone who was already on a short-leash you are definitely pushing it. Mind you, I want outside fans/opinions here, but IMHO your leash just shrank to one length...
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

so if the entire state is sheep, then why did Ohio vote for Obama in the last election? it gets way more complicated than this anyway. Ohio was fixed in a prior election through voting machines, (not the last one.) i won't comment anymore than that.

you said it yourself -it's because of the huge population...Ohio is the ultimate swing state -so that hardly makes it a "sheep" state.

btw, top ten health facilities:

http://www.dirjournal.com/health-journal/ten-best-health-facilities-in-the-united-states/
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm

I just noticed this quote: "Ya know, for someone who was already on a short-leash you are definitely pushing it. Mind you, I want outside fans/opinions here, but IMHO your leash just shrank to one length..."

I thought you were the guy who enjoyed heated debates -why then are you taking this personally? care to explain how i am pushing it? wow
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Who cares what hospital is better? I'm sure they have ethics that would not allow them to clear Miller if he want clearable. Why subject yourself to a lawsuit if he subsequently gets seriously injured.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:06 pm

You've just thrown down the gauntlet. Didn't see any o$u hospitals on that, or any list. I did see the Clveland Clinic, Case Western, and UM hospitals. In my personal experience Michigan is by better. Do you have any experience, in the discipline being discussed (neurology) other than via internet searches?

The Cleveland Clinic is privatized, that means they only release what they want to. I do know someone (not exactly a terrific sample-size) who raved about the treatment and care that she received at the Cleveland Clinic. That was a spine issue though, not neurologic.

Why is it that all of the great athletes that you have play at ohio are never to be heard from again? Troy Smith, Maurice Clarrett, Jim Stillwagon, etc. I'm not saying that Michigan hasn't had their share of dill-weeds but come on man. I won't like saying I told you so if Miller gets really screwed up but believe me, I'll say it and say it many times.

'fish, that's the pathologic obsession with college football in ohio....
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:16 pm

I have tried to stay quiet about this clown (referring to 2nd) for the longest time but enough already. Am I seriously the only one that sees he offers little value here??? The forum voted to let other fans in and now the only two that are here are both currently engaging in a feud with him.

His rant about Ohio offends me. I am from Ohio and have lived there most of my life. My family still resides there. I understand that with a rivalry people will take shots at the other team but his posts go beyond football. Using stereotypes is the #1 display of ignorance IMO.

I hate to make waves here but his juvenile behavior has run its course with me. Calling RR a hick or hillbilly. Calling Penn State-Pedd State, Constantly taking shots at Admin for IU. Numerous posts that offer no value to the discussion but show how hell bent he is on being a smart ass. It's hard to keep things civil and respectful when someone acts like this.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:25 am

ha this is funny.

well im just ashamed to admit that i dont have a background in neurology. i didn't realize i was arguing w/a neurosurgeon. -one who stereotypes and may need a refresher class in stats 101 based on his frequent use of absolutes.

yes i agree..the ped state thing is nauseating -it goes on at the OSU board and it's a damn shame that people are so ignorant.

as for OSU ignoring former star athletes, you must mean guys like Marcus Freemen who was out of the NFL w/an injury but was a grad assistant on Tressel's staff (not sure where he is now since the change.) As for Clarett -Tressel has reached out to him more than most coaches would; and I'm sorry, I didn't realize he was qualified to go into coaching. Maybe you think he, Stillwagon, Smith, and Andy Katzenmoyer would make great coaches. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attn. Admin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn. Admin.   Attn. Admin. Empty

Back to top Go down

Attn. Admin.
Page 1 of 1