Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attn: Wolverine Historian

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Attn: Wolverine Historian Empty
PostSubject: Attn: Wolverine Historian   Attn: Wolverine Historian EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Let's go back to the rather forgettable 1979 season (yes, yes, I know, you were still busy getting ready to be born, you young pup!). I've been interested in a couple of vid's: the Purdue and OSU games. As I posted long
ago, on some other forum, the disgusting 10-12 loss to Notre Dame and "jump-up-on-my-teammate's-rear-end-to-effect-a-rules-change" Bob Crable.

I know you've posted the A.C. catch to break Lee Corso's heart before, so figured you might have some from the latter portion of that season as well. Granted, both of the above were M losses (21-24 at W.L., 15-18
on beaucoup kicking team breakdowns at the 'House). But I thought you might have some of one or both.

Can do?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Wolverine Historian   Attn: Wolverine Historian EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:21 pm

As many already know, I refuse to do losses. Because I am the anti-ESPN Classic. They did more damage to my fellow blue-bloods with the endless features of Michigan losses.

This past weekend, I uploaded a better copy of the 79 MSU game in East Lansing. It was Sparty's first game back on national TV after finishing up their probation. The good guys won 21-7 but the kicking game was still awful with Brian Virgil missing a field goal and a punt being blocked in the 2nd quarter...

There is no footage of the Purdue game but an OSU fan did upload our game with them. He's the Buckeye version of me on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q3UWj1oQMw

Anthony Carter was wonderful as always but I don't know how you can have the stomach to watch the blocked punt that gave OSU the win.

I believe the ND game is also on YouTube but I doubt you want to look at that for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Wolverine Historian   Attn: Wolverine Historian EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes, those three games are less-than-pleasant memories. But the reason I can stomach watching them is probably sentimental. I failed to finish my sentence above about Bob Crable...(got a phone call). It should have concluded, "...was my first game back at the Big House since graduation six years earlier." So, let there be nostalgia. And for reasons I'd rather reserve for one of our one-on-one e-mailings, 1979 was similar to 1978 (in many ways) for me personally...and I need not remind you of the game played 9-23-78.
So, again, nostalgia. Strange thing that...

Anyway, thanks for the two vid's you did post. The 21-7 win at EL was at least somewhat emotional, avenging as it did our only regular-season loss** of 1978. I'll have to view them at home, though.

**-make that "our only legit loss"...at least Steve Smith, Kirk Gibson et al didn't need any phantom TDs to win.
Cripes, I still steam when remembering that Rose Bowl...and the donor from the local eye bank who called it a "TD".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attn: Wolverine Historian   Attn: Wolverine Historian Empty

Back to top Go down

Attn: Wolverine Historian
Page 1 of 1