Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On to Nebraska

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:34 am

With the horrible defense that Nebraska runs, I think UM can run up and down the field on them. How will they respond after the emotional win? Is it a trap game. It shouldn't be hard to get up for a night game in Lincoln, but they left a lot on the field to beat MSU.

I'm going with 35-24 UM.

Back to top Go down
michmike

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

Good to see somebody's looking ahead, not back, Fish (glorious as Saturday's win was).

Really, really tough to call (U-M---Neb). Not only no gauge of just how bad Nebraska's defense is (after all, all those points---91---given up to OSU and NW were on the road...and last year's MSU team found out how different the Huskers can be at home), but just how much an effect their comeback at NW will have. Drained emotionally, or sky-high? One would think they'll be as sky-high as necessary remembering that "45-17" at the 'House...

And I had to add: I saw on BTN the TD pass against NW...Martinez still hasn't learned how to throw. (Not that I'm surprised; as I've posted a dozen times before, if you haven't developed the mechanics by age 15, let alone 20-21, you never will. And as you are aware, I know a thing or two about throwing.)

Sorry to say, but this game, like the OSU game at season's end, is looking more and more like a shootout...and I hate those. Not only because of the total absence of defense, but because Lloyd Carr's words are trite but true: it most often comes down to the team with the ball last.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:19 am

This game and OSU are the two I am worried about the most from here on out. Our defense has improved a lot but I also feel that is partially because of the offenses we have been playing. Air Force racked up a ton of yards on us. I do not feel this will be a good game for our defense. We have to make Martinez throw. Yep, basically the same game plan as teams use on us.

We also can't get complacent. Nebraska had come from behind wins against Wisconsin and Northwestern. In both games the opposing team was up by double digits at one point.

We could be in for a stressful game. I hope the guys got a day to celebrate the MSU win but as of today it's back to business.
Back to top Go down
michmike

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:24 am

Agree, Willie. Though I have to temper the weight I attach to the Air Force game simply because that was only Game Two, and not only has our defense grown immensely in the last 4 weeks, but that was right on the heels of our blowout by 'Bama...and the guys' heads may still have been down, and felt the pressure to get a win to avoid an 0-2 start.

Also agree that if we do get a decent lead, we have to keep the pedal to the metal...Nebraska proved they can come back. (Some way, somehow, with Martinez's arm).
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:05 am

Agree Mike. I do not want to put a lot of weight on the Air Force game but mobile QB's are a threat. Scheelhaase had me nervous for a while until we was body slammed and taken out of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On to Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Nebraska   On to Nebraska Empty

Back to top Go down

On to Nebraska
Page 1 of 1