Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IOWA/NEBRASKA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
uofmchris

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm

the one year IOWA is TERRIBLE is the one year we need them to help us out... UGH.

Dear sweet baby Jesus... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an IOWA victory on Friday!

GO BLUE.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Not exactly. It only seems like this is the one year Iowa is bad because we need them to help us out so badly and because we had struggled lately against bad Hawkeye teams. But Iowa was 7-6 last year, 8-5 the year before, 6-6 in 2007, 6-7 in 2006 and 7-5 in 2005. Ferentz has been struggling for a while.

I know that it sucks but you can thank the refs most of all for basically gift wrapping those wins for Nebraska over MSU and Penn State. Heck, even in our game against the Huskers shortly after Denard went out, they ruled a Bellomy pass an interception despite the fact our receiver rolled over the ball (with it touching the ground) then flying back up into a Nebraska players hands. The ball is dead as soon as it hits the ground but apparently that's not the case in Lincoln.

If not for the refs, we could very well have the division wrapped up right now despite losing Denard and despite whatever the outcome is in Columbus. It's just extra salt for the wound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
they ruled a Bellomy pass an interception despite the fact our receiver rolled over the ball (with it touching the ground) then flying back up into a Nebraska players hands. The ball is dead as soon as it hits the ground but apparently that's not the case in Lincoln.

C'mon, young friend, you know that's not the case in Lincoln (or anywhere, with Nebraska standing to benefit)!!! Any more than it is the case of a ball being "dead" once illegally kicked by a player...ring any bells????
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

michmike wrote:
they ruled a Bellomy pass an interception despite the fact our receiver rolled over the ball (with it touching the ground) then flying back up into a Nebraska players hands. The ball is dead as soon as it hits the ground but apparently that's not the case in Lincoln.

C'mon, young friend, you know that's not the case in Lincoln (or anywhere, with Nebraska standing to benefit)!!! Any more than it is the case of a ball being "dead" once illegally kicked by a player...ring any bells????

Of course. 15 years later and that still stings. Although that game was in Columbia, proving that Nebraska need not be in Lincoln to get bogus calls in their favor.

And we also need not get into the 2005 Alamo Bowl.

Sheesh. It's OSU week yet I suddenly want to put the Nebraska logo on my dartboard.

Last edited by WolverineHistorian on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Not exactly. It only seems like this is the one year Iowa is bad because we need them to help us out so badly and because we had struggled lately against bad Hawkeye teams. But Iowa was 7-6 last year, 8-5 the year before, 6-6 in 2007, 6-7 in 2006 and 7-5 in 2005. Ferentz has been struggling for a while.

Yeah Yeah YEah.. LOL. I think you get the point of my post. WE NEED AN IOWA WIN DAMMIT!!!! ! hahaha

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 pm

uofmchris wrote:

Yeah Yeah YEah.. LOL. I think you get the point of my post. WE NEED AN IOWA WIN DAMMIT!!!! ! hahaha

Indeed. And I got the point. I can never stop being a stat man when it comes to football.

I'll tune in to Iowa/Nebraska on Friday but I fear I'll be turning the game off in the 1st quarter.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Still saying, Iowa will win...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Still saying, Iowa will win...

I'm going to enjoy a good cigar today after my Thanksgiving dinner. I like to smoke a good cigar still I'd love to have what you are smoking !

Heard that Greg Davis, Iowa's OC is going to resign next week. The jist of it is that he did not have the passion for coaching anymore and that it was recognized early in the year. Damn shame to know that now. Ferentz or A.D. should have spotted that during the interview process.

Ferentz's tenure has resulted in 7 wins as the Average, the median (mid point) and moode (most frequent number). He's had fewer wins and he's had more. And generally speaking for each season below 7 wins; he has 1 with more than 7. Fans have come to see the pattern and we're sick of it. For a while we thought ok - new realilty - this is a 8 - 10 win program with a dip once in awhile. Not so. Not so.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty
PostSubject: Re: IOWA/NEBRASKA   IOWA/NEBRASKA Empty

Back to top Go down

IOWA/NEBRASKA
Page 1 of 1