Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

900 Wins

Go down 
+2
WhatsYourDeal
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=3-Z9Y8o5JME&feature=youtu.be&nomobile=1
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 am

pretty cool vid..im glad 900 was sparty and not osu. lol

wow, 100 wins in 1901 -puts things in perspective.

WolverineHistorian

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am

Epic video.

I wonder if drama is going to surround every hundredth win now. Win #800 over Wisconsin in 2000 was nerve wrecking with that late 4th quarter TD pass from Drew Henson to David Terrell across his body as he threw it back to the middle of the end zone. The whole time the ball was in the air, Brent Musberger was screaming, "Dangerous pass! Real dangerous!!!" And then Terrell grabbed it over the head of a Badger defender for the winning score.

900 Wins An01 900 Wins Df09

Win #900 comes as a game winning field goal in the final seconds over a rival.

I can only imagine what win #1,000 will be like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 am

Man, I remember that Wisconsin game like it was yesterday. I was camping, and I was watching it on a 6 inch portable black and white TV. Had to hold the TV on my chest because of the reception and glare.

The guy camping accross the way had one of those huge RV's with satalite dish. He came out after the game and walked over to me and said "I saw you watching on that little thing, thought about inviting you inside to watch with me, then you cheered when UM scored and I knew you were rooting for the wrong team so I couldn't let you in." I laughed, then he added "Go Buckeyes".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 am

I remember that game quite vividly as well.

Gameday was there that day, and it was all about the matchup of Terrell vs their top CB, Fletcher (I believe that was his name. Right, WH?).

Fletcher got the best of Terrell most of that day, until the catch that WH posted pics of.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Well, Terrell had some impressive catches earlier in the game, including a 40 yarder just before the half to get us a field goal and a critical 3rd and long earlier during our TD drive. Drew Henson wasn't 100% healed from his foot injury but he was still able to scramble for a couple critical first downs, including one where we were just trying to run the clock out at the end. The refs also bailed the Badgers out when we smothered a short pass that was obviously fumbled and recovered by us deep in their territory but the refs ruled it an incomplete pass.

Wisconsin was starting to establish themselves as a relevant program at this time yet we still kept beating them year after year after year. It was so great. Another thing memorable about this game, at least from watching it on TV, was how insanely loud the crowd was all day. Our reputation for a non-rivalry home game wasn't being that loud but the fans were in it from start to finish. And to hear the crowd when Terrell caught that touchdown pass, you would of that Woodson was returning that punt against OSU again. I loved it.

PART 1 -

Once it seemed like win #800 was wrapped up, Brent Musberger and Gary Danielson pointed it out (unlike the folks at the BTN this past Saturday).

PART 2 -

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm

The BTN is more like the sparty Homer channel (shc). As for ideal win #1,000. How about over 'bama in the National Championship game?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
The BTN is more like the sparty Homer channel (shc). As for ideal win #1,000. How about over 'bama in the National Championship game?

I'm sure by then, Alabama will be back on probation yet again for all of Nick Saban's paying of his players. So I doubt a win over Bama will be meaningful about a decade from now.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Possibly but we've heard no rumblings of that, although we've heard stuff about Auburn, UNC, $c, plus a few other programs and with the exception of Auburn (UNC wasn't that good in the first place) all have bounced back. Penn State is a whole other can of worms, that wasn't cheating rather disgusting. They don't seem to be phased from it right now at least (give it a few years though).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

900 Wins Empty
PostSubject: Re: 900 Wins   900 Wins Empty

Back to top Go down

900 Wins
Page 1 of 1