Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday

Go down 
+4
BetterThansparty
WolverineHistorian
booboo
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Maybe this has been discussed in another post, and if so, I apologize. I'm still sifting through them all.

But how about Hoke's demeanor yesterday?

There's ZERO panic in this guy. Seriously.

At the end of the game, when it looked like we were down for, he was still coaching everyone up.

When Kovacs emphatically said "We want to play down there on that end!", Hoke ate it up. He actually tapped Dileo and told him what Kovacs said, with a big ol' smile on his face.

On that 4th down, when it looked like Northwestern had a false start but we actually called a TO, Hoke's interaction with the ref was great:

"I called a TO? Are you sure?" Then he gave the ref a big slap on the ass. It was absolutely hilarious because Hoke was SPRINTING down the field to call it, then he acted like he had no idea what the sideline ref was saying.

In general, I'm still disappointed with this season (mainly, at this point, because of the Nebraska debacle. I can "accept" losing to two Top 5 teams), but I'm still more than confident that Brady is our guy. He's very much a traditionalist, but he's a breath of fresh air, really.

I love this guy. More importantly, I think the players love this guy. And they're playing hard for him.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I have a friend who is part of medical staff since 1999, he's shared some good stories of the teams, the 3 different coaches. He says BH bleeds maize & blue, he loves the team, more important the team loves and respects him. Your right the guys love playing for him. My friend also has said the senior class this yr and last have been great leaders, on field and in lockeroom.

Only big complaint this yr is also the Neb. game. M got caught with their pants down not having DG ready to play QB. RB might be a very QB someday, but having to play in Neb., he was a deer in headlights.

Persuming all/just about all the recruits sign their LOI, things are only going to get better.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm

I'll bet Brady Hoke acts like that 7 days a week, no matter what situation he's in. I can't even imagine him getting angry, or if he knows how to. He's a very positive guy. If you're ever at a game, watch him during the team warmups. He's out there talking to everyone. When he's not cheering the players on, he's over greeting all the refs with handshakes and personally introducing himself. And when he shakes hands with the opposing coach after the game, he always seems to put his hand on his shoulder and have a long conversation with him. My dad pointed that out to me yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 pm

That the Michigan way. I cite Jim Harbaugh last year in "hand-shake-gate". Lil'scrappy-doo Schwartz didn't like it though so he ran after Harbaugh like a Lil'guy possessed (read sparty)...

I'll point out that I like the Lions, how can you not being from Michigan? I don't expect anything from them, and I can't stand their Coach. Bring back Wayne Fontes!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:06 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
I'll bet Brady Hoke acts like that 7 days a week, no matter what situation he's in. I can't even imagine him getting angry, or if he knows how to. He's a very positive guy. If you're ever at a game, watch him during the team warmups. He's out there talking to everyone. When he's not cheering the players on, he's over greeting all the refs with handshakes and personally introducing himself. And when he shakes hands with the opposing coach after the game, he always seems to put his hand on his shoulder and have a long conversation with him. My dad pointed that out to me yesterday.

Oh, he gets angry, but he has a way of showing it like he is disappointed vice being pissed off. I've been in a lot of bad situations as a Marine, and I always tried harder for the leader that was disappointed than I did for the guy that was pissed off.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh, Happy Birthday 'fish. It's the Marines Birthday. Semper Fi!
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

USMC birthday was yesterday, November 10th. Today is Veteran's Day. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Ooh rah. Thanks 2nd.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Hoke is a class act. No question. Did anyone see him after the Minnesota game. He put both arms around Kill and it looked like he was asking about his health. He seemed very genuine and the exchange went on for what seemed like 15-20 seconds. Definitely not your typical good game coach exchange.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Admin wrote:
In general, I'm still disappointed with this season (mainly, at this point, because of the Nebraska debacle. I can "accept" losing to two Top 5 teams), but I'm still more than confident that Brady is our guy. He's very much a traditionalist, but he's a breath of fresh air, really. I love this guy. More importantly, I think the players love this guy. And they're playing hard for him.

I have been scratching my head for the last 2 weeks trying to figure out what is causing this "don't feel satisfied" feeling gnawing at my gut....well, it hit me as I was readiing Admin's post....the Nebraska loss...I actually predicted the loss to Bama, so I knew that wasn't it...I "justified" the ND loss by saying if Drob play just half of his "normal" game we win, so I knew that wasn't it....The "it" was the coaching staff flat made the some bad evals/decisions and it is costing us a legit shot at the B1G and the Rose Bowl...and that is SAD...Thanks Admin...not that I feel any different (better)about the season, at least now I know WHY I feel this way....Smile

Go Blue!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday   Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke's sideline demeanor yesterday
Page 1 of 1