Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Climate Change Shock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Climate Change Shock Empty
PostSubject: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:27 pm

I was in Cancun last week 80's and sunny. Hell it was 70 in Indy on Saturday. Today it's snowing. Mad Heading up to Madison on Friday for Ohio-Wisky game on Saturday. The high is supposed to be 49 so not too bad but not Cancun either.

Speaking of Wisconsin anyone been there for a game? Apparently when they built the university and did not think people would need to park cars. My friend sent me this last night:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wis/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/fb-where-do-I-park.pdf

Slim pickings for tailgating and what few lots they do have you have to shuttle to the stadium because they are pretty far away. I was expecting better of Madison.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm

I heard they partied in the bars in Madison.

Still, like you, I would expect a parking lot filled with smoke from gills with great Wisconsin Bratwurst on them!

Sidebar, I went to a Milwaukee Brewers game a couple years before they opened Miller Park so it was in County Stadium. We got within a mile of the ballpark and I thought "Something's on fire up there!" It turned out to be all the grills tailgating FOR A BASEBALL GAME!

Thought that was cool.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:46 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I was in Cancun last week 80's and sunny. Hell it was 70 in Indy on Saturday. Today it's snowing. Mad Heading up to Madison on Friday for Ohio-Wisky game on Saturday. The high is supposed to be 49 so not too bad but not Cancun either.

Speaking of Wisconsin anyone been there for a game? Apparently when they built the university and did not think people would need to park cars. My friend sent me this last night:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wis/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/fb-where-do-I-park.pdf

Slim pickings for tailgating and what few lots they do have you have to shuttle to the stadium because they are pretty far away. I was expecting better of Madison.

Willie,

I've been to several games in Madtown. The parking situation is pretty bad but there are PLENTY of houses south of Regent and/or Monroe that offer parking. Most of the tailgate scene is at houses surrounding the stadium so while it's a fairly exclusive scene there will be no problem walking by, sparking conversations and stopping for beers because UW has some of the B1Gs best fans.

Don't go to the Big Ten pub. It's over priced and crowded. If you get a chance you need to be down on State Street. That's where most of the action is happening.

If I wasn't a Michigan fan I'd be a Badger fan hands down. You're going to have a great time. And remember, people in Wisconsin LOVE their brandy so sneak in a pint and you'll be making friends in no time.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:50 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

Still, like you, I would expect a parking lot filled with smoke from gills with great Wisconsin Bratwurst on them!

Sidebar, I went to a Milwaukee Brewers game a couple years before they opened Miller Park so it was in County Stadium. We got within a mile of the ballpark and I thought "Something's on fire up there!" It turned out to be all the grills tailgating FOR A BASEBALL GAME!

Thought that was cool.

Yea Brats and cheese right? That is awesome about tailgating a baseball game. Kind of surprised though since the baseball season is so damn long.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Willie,

I've been to several games in Madtown. The parking situation is pretty bad but there are PLENTY of houses south of Regent and/or Monroe that offer parking. Most of the tailgate scene is at houses surrounding the stadium so while it's a fairly exclusive scene there will be no problem walking by, sparking conversations and stopping for beers because UW has some of the B1Gs best fans.

Don't go to the Big Ten pub. It's over priced and crowded. If you get a chance you need to be down on State Street. That's where most of the action is happening.

If I wasn't a Michigan fan I'd be a Badger fan hands down. You're going to have a great time. And remember, people in Wisconsin LOVE their brandy so sneak in a pint and you'll be making friends in no time.

Interesting stuff Sandy. My buddy is supposed to be doing some more research. We are supposed to be hanging with a bunch med students. My friends wife is doing her residency there. I would prefer a lot so I do not have issues with my satellite.

Brandy eh? Really? That's a tough one. I am ok with many liquors-Scotch, Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka if it is mixed in something but Brandy is not one I have tried. I assume they drink it straight. No
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Brandy should be sipped

out of a paper bag wrapped bottle!

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah, that stadium sneaks up on ya.

You're walking, following the crowd, then, all of a sudden - a la Wrigley Field - you're standing at the gates of a stadium.

I don't have much to offer as I was a student at the time partying at an apartment prior to the game.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

http://onmilwaukee.com/bars/articles/brandy.html

it's an older article but still holds water.

fried cheese curds, miller products, and the packers are about the only things Wisconsinites like more than brandy.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm

LOL...I am a little relieved that they seem to like mixing it. Brandy Alexander's are pretty good. Supposedly that is what John Lennon's drink was. It's fairly sweet but also potent.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Brandy, you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be, but my life, my lover, my lady is the sea
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Had to google that. A little before my time.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Brandy, you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be, but my life, my lover, my lady is the sea

looking glass 1972. Not shitting you... I actually knew that. Don't ask me how, I'm not telling.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Come on tell us!!!! You googled it to didn't you??? Admit it!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Come on tell us!!!! You googled it to didn't you??? Admit it!

On my word I did not google it. Lets just say that song is on a 1972 greatest hits album with songs like "Horse with no name", "let's stay together" etc....

I promise that I did know know looking glass and that's all I'm saying. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Karaoke?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climate Change Shock   Climate Change Shock Empty

Back to top Go down

Climate Change Shock
Page 1 of 1