Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. Empty
PostSubject: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 am

I'm calling it, Iowa will beat Nebraska on Friday at Kinnick.

My reasoning is simple. I've got a friend who wenyt to grad. school at ohio (insert joke here) but he did his undergrad at Oklahoma. As he is very familiar with Nebraska from when he was at Oklahoma (both schools were Big 12 at the time) he told me not to worry. He added that they'll blow it every chance they get. As if that's not reason enough, a suckeye giving me football hope (although this was years ago), get ready for the sparty fans to say that we backed our way into the B1G championship game and don't deserve to be there. They'll use the fact that we didn't even score a touchdown against them as reasoning...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am

That would be great, UM just needs to hold up their end and beat Ohio.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm

That's the part that concerns me. Is it wrong to be more confident in Iowa over Nebraska than Michigan over ohio?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 pm

It's a nice thought but still highly unlikely.

I need better reasons than a Oklahoma fan saying they'll blow it when they have 5 comeback wins (mostly helped by the refs bad calls) this season.

Iowa hasn't won a game since October 13th. Back-to-back losses to Indiana and Purdue along the way. Taylor Martinez may be a horrible passer but if their receivers can get as open against the Iowa defense as much as ours were, that won't be a problem.

So what advantage does Iowa really have here? Yes, they're playing at home but they have already lost 5 homes games this year.

Say Iowa plays out of their minds and keeps the game close. That's when the refs step in and MAKE SURE that Nebraska leaves with a win. You brisked Martinez's shoulder? Flag! You breathed too hard on a husker player? Flag!

I hate to be so negative but what else am I supposed to think? You have an Iowa team who can only throw short passes to tight ends and an officiating crew that's been letting Nebraska get away with murder all season.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Where's Hawk? 31-16 Iowa?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.   I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've had this feeling for a couple weeks now.
Page 1 of 1