Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.

Go down 
+3
joe
wshoes
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 am

I think he lands with the Lions when Schwartz is fired after this season. Gruden would make Stafford a top 5-10 QB in the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/28/report-jon-gruden-may-meet-with-tennessee-volunteers-ad-soon/
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am

Schwartz has been disappointing, eh Fish? I had high hopes for him when he came in.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 am

He has done some really good things with the Lions. I like that he has gotten them back to respectability. However, I think he has taken this team as far as he can.

His decision making is hurting the team. I know he is a defense guy, but the offensive game plan of completely abandoning the run is hurting the team. Settling for a 47 yard FG attempt on 3rd down in OT was the wrong move. Even with one of the best kickers of all time.

Throwing the red flag on that TD was horrible. It is a stupid rule, but the HC needs to know the rule and not let emotions get in the way.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 am

I would still take Gruden in Ann Arbor.

If we could get him I'd fire BH.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am

Not me stjoe. He's a great coach, but he wouldn't be in AA for the long haul. IMHO. He's an NFL guy, not a college guy. I don't see him ever coaching at the college level.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 am

Well, my feeling 2 years ago was that he would come to Michigan until the end of his career.

He may not be a college coach per se but he's at the age where I do not think he will spend 5 years at a college and then jump to the pros.

And from watching him on TV I think he really enjoys the kids too.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 am

I would have to say..........I'm with Joe on this one.

If we could lock him in with a long-term contract (I know, that doesn't really "lock" anything anymore) I'd love to have him.

What it would really come down to is DB having a serious conversation with him to find out what Gruden's real intentions would be. Is he in it for the long haul here at UofM? Or is he just looking for a job to parlay into something else? If it's the latter, sorry, but we don't have time for that. We're a destination school, not a stepping stone.

But if he was legit about it, I'd take him today.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 am

You guys do know Gruden is rumored for coaching vacancies every year right? He just signed a 5 year extension with ESPN last year. I really don't think he is going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

I don't either willie, but those TV contracts are easy for coaches to get out of.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am

No chance of Gruden to Mich IMO- but I think he would be a better college coach than an NFL coach. As noted he is good with QBs. his enthusiasm and style would, I think, play better with 18-22 year olds than veterans, and I think he would be a dynamite recruiter.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 am

All contract seemingly are easy to get out of these days. I just think he is happy doing what he is doing.

TV is much easier than coaching. Much better hours, low pressure. When you look at the former coaches that are in TV anyone of them could have a if they wanted it-Jimmy Johnson, Bill Cower, Gruden etc.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:02 pm

This is an interesting thread. I gotta say, I'm kind of surprised people would want Gruden, or any other coach, to replace Hoke at this time. Especially because you know Hoke isn't going to leave, and w/Gruden there is that risk. UM is not a stepping stone as screwosu says.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Nobody wants to replace Hoke at this time. The comment was made that if Gruden wanted to coach UM. Gruden isn't coming to UM, and never will. Hoke is probably one of the best two coaches in the B1G.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:28 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

That's just Blasphemy. I don't care if it is based on something that will never happen. I didn't want Coach Hoke at first but now, after seeing how much he honestly cares about his players and helping them become Michigan-Men and not just "football players" I freely admit that I was wrong. Big time wrong. I wouldn't want anyone but Coach Hoke here right now, anyone, past or present. Not even Bo. Bo was vital for what he did for the university, he laid the foundation. Bo is what Coach Hoke very loosely basis his style off of, but Bo could not handle this era of prima donna's, throw the ball on first down, run the ball outside with speed, etc. type of Football. Bo would have made the exact same errant call that Borges made against ohio. I realize that you're all still upset due to the ohio game and 8-4 at Michigan isn't good enough but remember what we have on the team currently, a bunch of Rich Clod plyers and some real player fetuses (Freshmen). Give it some time, let Coach Hoke do what needs to be done.

I can clearly see what all other fan base's are saying about Michigan fans. Last year at this tiume we were all celebrating the revival of Michigan Football. This year you are hypothetically looking for replacements. I hate this fact as much as anyone else but it is still a FACT, our 4 losses came to teams with a combined 45-3 record. It isn't set in stone yet but 2 of those teams will be playing for the National Championship in a month and a third went undefeated because, well they're cheating bastards and are not eligible for the post-season.

Coach Hoke is our football God for the forseeable future. Of course he'll make the occassional mistake from time to time but that's his cover.

Also, I'll wager anyone a month of posting (an MLive-esque bet) that Coach Hoke wears a head-set more next year than he did this year.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

I never complained about Hoke.

I never said Hoke should be fired.

I never said I was looking for something better.

Geez dude, way to take a small comment and blow it up. (MLive-esque as you said.)

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:42 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I never complained about Hoke.

I never said Hoke should be fired.

I never said I was looking for something better.

Geez dude, way to take a small comment and blow it up. (MLive-esque as you said.)

Really?
THEstjoemfan wrote:

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Really AZ

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Oh another one, my isn't this nice when after proving people fallable in their arguments they resort to name-calling...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.   OT:  Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Jon Gruden "may" meet with Tennesee.
Page 1 of 1