Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl

Go down 
+4
Admin
sandyeggo_blue
joe
WillieMfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20121206/SPORTS06/121206074/1054?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepMichiganWolverines+%28freep.com+%7C+Michigan+Wolverines%29
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm

GOOD! I like Gruden and Tirico.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 pm

As do I but luckily for me I'll be at the game so it wont matter. cheers

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Tirico, to me, is a Michigan fan at heart (I do know he calls Detroit home).

And Gruden is simply the most entertaining broadcaster in the biz.

I was really happy when I heard this news yesterday via Michigan's twitter.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

How do you get to go to this game? I seem to remember that you were going to go to Bama and MSU. I believe you said you if Michigan ended up in RB you would go to that as well because you are already in Cali. I also remember something about getting your wife to go to another game but I forget which one. Anyway- How is it you get to go to the Outback Bowl?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Tirico was actually born in Ann Arbor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tirico

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

How do you get to go to this game? I seem to remember that you were going to go to Bama and MSU. I believe you said you if Michigan ended up in RB you would go to that as well because you are already in Cali. I also remember something about getting your wife to go to another game but I forget which one. Anyway- How is it you get to go to the Outback Bowl?

Yeah!

I remember you debating how you were going to fenagle (sp?) the last few weeks of the season in regards to attending the games....

looks like you've done a good job figuring it out!

Willie and I are jealous, obviously...

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Tirico was actually born in Ann Arbor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tirico

Oh, ok. I never knew that much.

Like I said, always knew he called Detroit home.

I didn't open your link....but where did he go to school?

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Syracuse.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm

I love it when people answer their own questions. Makes my job so much easier...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Me too, Sandy! Smile

Go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:16 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

So basically here is how it went down....

pre-season I chose the Bama game in lieu of a the bowl game this year. This actually turned out to be a well thought out, strategic choice on my part. It was a win-win for me in that I was going to see my first game Jerryland and I was going to keep new years open because my wife is a hockey fan and wanted to go to the NHL hockey game at the big house (remember this plan was hatched months ago before the NHL lockout).

A few things happened along the way that started to work in my favor.

1. My wife works at the SD Sheriff Crime Lab. She's a real life CSI, although here they are called FETs (field evidence technician). She was on call for the Northwestern game and I was supposed to go with my brother-in-law but I couldn't. So she felt like she owed me one.

2. after that Northwestern game I planted the rose bowl longshot theory in her head and convinced here that since the Rose Bowl is basically a couple hour drive that if the cards fell into place and Michigan ended up in the Rose Bowl that it wouldn't really be a big deal since it's so close and would only require a ticket and also her new years at the Big House plans were long gone.

3. The kicker came when her brother's wife got a new job just before Thanksgiving which meant they weren't going to Utica (his wife's parents) for the holidays because she wouldn't be able to take off the time having a new job and all. So her brother got it in his head to go to the outback bowl and asked me to go. My wife is a sucker for both of brothers and couldn't say no when he asked what she thought.

I still have to buy a flight but have the game tickets, hotel and car reserved.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:19 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Me too, Sandy! Smile

66 I'll send you a PM and maybe we'll set up a pre game meet up and beer.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Sweet. I thought you were going to say that she had some "breakfast" drinks and you asked while she was intoxicated. LOL
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Sweet. I thought you were going to say that she had some "breakfast" drinks and you asked while she was intoxicated. LOL

she has to remember agreeing or it's a no-go. Good strategy though.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

she has to remember agreeing or it's a no-go. Good strategy though.

True.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Sandy- we have to meet up some time man. Our minds work so similar it is frightening.

fishgoblue22 wrote:

This is the second time I have seen this reference but I do not know the original story. I feel like I have missed everything. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Me too, Sandy! Smile

66 I'll send you a PM and maybe we'll set up a pre game meet up and beer.

Works for me...where are you staying? I'm at the Tampa Merriott Westshore. I don't have my ticket yet as I ordered it through UM. Supposed to send it next Thursday.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

Sandy- we have to meet up some time man. Our minds work so similar it is frightening.

fishgoblue22 wrote:

This is the second time I have seen this reference but I do not know the original story. I feel like I have missed everything. Crying or Very sad

I think I made a comment sometime around the Minnesota game because my wife and I went to the bar to watch the game in the morning (9 a.m. our time) and Devin was starting because Denard got hurt the week before.

I remember Devin started out pretty bad. His first couple of series were less than impressive and of course I was glued to the T.V and meanwhile my wife probably had two bloody mary's and about 5 mimosas. So by the time the offense got rolling and I was breathing easy, I look over and notice my wife her friends and she was slurring her speech and getting loud and quickly becoming "that girl."

I had to babysit her the rest of the game and by the time we got home that afternoon she was done.

So that is the "breakfast drinks" reference.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks for re-telling it. Sounds like the wife can party.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Refreshing this for Fish. Alzheimer's is starting to set in. Time get the mess increased.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 am

I had tickets to the game too, but travel was wayyyy too damn expensive.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 8:02 am

Speaking of which, does anybody know when the Badgers will be back on our schedule? How does that rotation work (although I'm sure it will all be changed when the 2 newbies join up).

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 am

2015 Hail-

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-michigan-wolverines-football-schedule.php

Interesting schedule really. The non-conference games are all descent. No one scares me necessarily but no real cupcakes either.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 pm

This sucks! I am at the Western end of the U.P. It is a 4 hour drive to Madison and a 4 hour drive to Minneapolis. It was nice to be able to go to one or the other every year. The trip to AA is 10 hours.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm

4 hours isn't bad. It's about 4 hours for me to get to AA. Usually make that trip once or twice a year.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 am

Exactly. It was nice to be able to go to those games. Not able to anymore because they never play! lol

PostSubject: Re: Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl   Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

Tirico and Gruden calling Outback Bowl
Page 1 of 1