Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Gun control issue/KC player

Go down 
+3
joe
wshoes
mgoblue93
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mgoblue93

OT: Gun control issue/KC player Empty
PostSubject: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 am

First, let me say that I voted for Obama and that I consider myself an independent.

Now my 3¢:

I can't believe how disgusting Jason Whitlock's and Bob Costas' recent comments about gun control are.

1) Poor choice to use this tragedy to express their political views. I get that the tragedy applies to the gun control issue, but it still was inappropriate to use this forum out of respect for the victims' families, and out of respect to the viewer.

2) More importantly, it is highly ignorant to say that this moron and his victim would be alive if it weren't for a gun. Costas should know better than anyone, his own colleague, "The Juice," used a knife to kill two people at once. Furthermore, how many times have guns saved lives as a deterrent or in defense?

3) Whitlock's comments -i can't recall how he worded it, but something like, guns only lead to a temptation to use them, is completely ignorant. Maybe w/thugs on the street who don't even carry legally, and rednecks in the backwoods, but most gun owners respect the responsibility, and respect human life.

There -my 3 cents for the day.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am

The numbers actually suggest the opposite of the Whitlock point. As private gun ownership has increased, violent crime has decreased. Now whether that's a cause and effect or not, I don't think we know for sure.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 pm

IMHO Whitlock is a hack.

98% of his stuff is racist and the other 2% is totally idiotic.

I think he musta roomed with Drew Sharp in college or something. (Or maybe they're fraternal twins split at birth?) Both idiots.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Agree with Joe. I followed him on Twitter for a while after he wrote his glowing article on Hoke. I think I lasted a month and I could not take his idiocy anymore.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

I didn't hear the comments but yes from what you said they did sound totally uncalled for. I'm also independent (although typically line-up to the left) and voted for President Obama. People kill people, not guns. There was something askew with Javon's cognitive thinking pattern. That "abnormality" comes directly from neurons misfiring in his brain, the misfire may have been a result of some trauma his brain experienced as a result of some type of jarring or collision. Repeated blows on a football field perhaps without taking the proper precautions maybe...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...People kill people, not guns....

so what you're saying is guns don't kill people.... lamar woodley kills people. yep I can get onboard with that ha ha!

I saw that sign at the rose bowl the last time they played USC and thought it was funny.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

I am so glad that I am not the only one who cannot stand Whitlock....just because someone does not like RGIII does not make him racist, thats the biggest problem I have with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Gun control issue/KC player   OT: Gun control issue/KC player Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Gun control issue/KC player
Page 1 of 1