Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Non football related Christmas wish list

Go down 
+7
WillieMfan
booboo
the artist formally known
wshoes
michmike
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: Non football related Christmas wish list Empty
PostSubject: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Just wondering what some of you guys are wanting or asking for this year.

I asked my wife for either a new tent (have my eye on the Sierra Design Mojo 2) or a SPOT gps system. given the prices of each I know I'll only get one but I do a lot of hiking and camping in the back country so either would be fine. I'm guessing she'll spring for the gps.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Shark speaker system for my motorcycle. Would be nice to have music on longer rides. Using ear buds is not safe, because they drown out the other sounds that you need to hear.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Only two things: continued good health and enjoyable employment.

(I'm serious).
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm

michmike wrote:
Only two things: continued good health and enjoyable employment.

(I'm serious).

Now you make me feel shallow. LOL. But I do agree with you on those two things.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Mike, funny those are my two wishes too (well, 2 of 3).

'shoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 pm

The continuing love of my wife and Family and a golf swing. Mines getting a little rusty and tends to make me have an unealthy temper.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm

When I 1st saw the question, I was thinking something fun like a date with all the USC or LSU cheerleaders, but at 52 yrs young, not sure the heart could survive. But a fun way to go!!! Twisted Evil

On a serious note, continued good health for me and my 8 1/2 yr old lab/shepard dog. I've had dogs all my life, but this one is the best.

The few things I'm asking for this yr. from my sister/brother-in-law, gift certificate from M den, Omaha steaks-I love grilling yr. around. Small flat screen TV for my bedroom.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

booboo wrote:
When I 1st saw the question, I was thinking something fun like a date with all the USC or LSU cheerleaders, but at 52 yrs young, not sure the heart could survive. But a fun way to go!!! Twisted Evil

On a serious note, continued good health for me and my 8 1/2 yr old lab/shepard dog. I've had dogs all my life, but this one is the best.

The few things I'm asking for this yr. from my sister/brother-in-law, gift certificate from M den, Omaha steaks-I love grilling yr. around. Small flat screen TV for my bedroom.

M Den gift card.... why didn't I think of that!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:28 am

I have a very small Christmas list that is not very exciting. My problem is I buy things on impulse a lot so most of what I would want I already have. The good news is it allows us to focus more on the kids and I usually make sure the wife makes out ok.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:34 am

Since you mention it, booboo, I'll transfer my wish for continued good health from myself to my 12-1/2-year-old Chocolate Lab. For it's he who needs it more.

He'd still be my running partner...if he didn't have trouble walking, much less running. Poor thing's days seem numbered.

I know how you feel...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I have a very small Christmas list that is not very exciting. My problem is I buy things on impulse a lot so most of what I would want I already have. The good news is it allows us to focus more on the kids and I usually make sure the wife makes out ok.

I'm beginning to learn from you, ahem, older men in here.

Well, and from my own past mistakes, as well.

But yeah. Going forward, when I finally find Ms. Right, that's all I'm going to worry about - keeping her happy on a daily basis.

I haven't done a great job of that in the past, and as I get a little older and a little wiser, I'm beginning to realize that we aren't shit without the women in our lives.

Buy 'em what they want, keep 'em happy and keep 'em around.

Kudos, Willie.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Michmike, I have friends who like dogs, but aren't the dog lover that I am. They think I'm crazy how much I pamper the dog. But there is nothing better then coming home from work looking forward to seeing my dog, or when he is sharing my pillow at night.

I take him to the orion oaks dog park & hiking trails in Lake Orion. Usually for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs on a sunday. Although he has slowed a little, he doesn't chase alot like he did, its fun to see how excited he gets.

BTW, if anybody was wondering or cared about my name, boo boo. Thats actually my dogs name. I work in an athletic dept. at a HS, take care of sports injuries. 1 kid on the FB team bought the dog for me. The FB team had its banquet 2nd sunday in january, the seniors speak at the banquet. This kid went 1st, after thanking people, he said I would like to thank, Bill, (thats me) oh, and BTW have a present for him. They brought the dog down the aisle to let me see him. This was january of 2005. The kids on the team decided to rename him, Boo Boo, because I take care of sports injuires or if you cut your finger or have have a minor injury, you get a boo boo.

I guess this shows how much I love my dog, my forum name is named after my dog. I'm Bill, the crazy dog owner. (BTW the dog has an M collar he wears.)
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Going forward, when I finally find Ms. Right...

Ahem, kind sir...in your case that might not be as easy as might meet the untrained eye/mind.
After all, isn't such a relationship a two-way street?

Meaning, won't she want/need to, umm, reciprocate the feelings of right-eousness? (Mister Right)?

(Yes, I confess...helluva thing to say, even in jest(?), at this goodwill/merry time of year...)
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

What do I want for Christmas? Uh, after watching the Weather Channel this morning, I would say Jen Carfagno.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Booboo a.k.a. Bill--- touching story. I seriously doubt they (or that one player) could have gotten you a better, more appropriate, or more "far-reaching" gift than your four-legged furry pal...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:
Going forward, when I finally find Ms. Right...

Ahem, kind sir...in your case that might not be as easy as might meet the untrained eye/mind.
After all, isn't such a relationship a two-way street?

Meaning, won't she want/need to, umm, reciprocate the feelings of right-eousness? (Mister Right)?

(Yes, I confess...helluva thing to say, even in jest(?), at this goodwill/merry time of year...)

No, you're absolutely right.

That's why I'm in the midst of reinventing myself as we speak, good sir.

I may find Ms. Right, but if I'm not Mr. Right to her, well, then it doesn't matter what I think of her lol.

I'm getting there, slowly but surely.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

EJinGA wrote:
What do I want for Christmas? Uh, after watching the Weather Channel this morning, I would say Jen Carfagno.

EJ, with the exception of morning dork Stephanie Abrahms, will you name me a single Weather Channelette
who isn't a genuine looker???

Until she umm, decided on motherhood (as is apparent from seeing her this AM), Crystal Egger was mine...facially, it was Maria LaRosa.

But yes, Jen's a doll.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Admin wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

I'm beginning to learn from you, ahem, older men in here.

Well, and from my own past mistakes, as well.

But yeah. Going forward, when I finally find Ms. Right, that's all I'm going to worry about - keeping her happy on a daily basis.

I haven't done a great job of that in the past, and as I get a little older and a little wiser, I'm beginning to realize that we aren't shit without the women in our lives.

Buy 'em what they want, keep 'em happy and keep 'em around.

Kudos, Willie.

Eh just don't do the impulse buy thing. My wife is not a fan of that. That said, there is definitely something to the approach of asking for forgiveness vs. permission. Twisted Evil Ok, so maybe I am not the best role model admin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Boo Boo take care of your Lab , I lost mine this summer best girl I ever had, now I have this stone head, but Ill train him. guess i got spoiled, Should feel fortunate that i got 1 good dog outta 4 guess my 1st one spoiled me.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 pm

My dog has me well trained, he takes me for walks. His cookies are on top of refrig., so he paws at refrig when he wants one or 2 or 3. I kept his food in cabinet near floor, he figured out how to open the cabinet, so food now is up on a shelf. When I'm sitting watching TV, if he wants attention, he takes his paw & hits it against the carpet. He continues on & on if I don't responde right away. So I lay next to him on floor, rub his face, ears, head.

Go up to Glen Arbor, Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear Dunes in summer, for 2 weeks. Take him to beaches around 7am when nobody around, let him off leash, he has an incredible time. Then go up the Pierce Stocking scenic drive to the 450 ft overlook of Lk. Mich. Hike where people are not around, let him off leash. We eventually just sit in sand on top of overlook, enjoying view. Whatever dog's are thinking about, he seems to have a smile on his face.

The Artist, I will certainly take care of him. The vet said he's in above average condition & shape for dogs his age. There was the day when he ate most of salad I was looking forward to, or I had some carrots, broccoli on a plate, he just came up and took it while I was eating, you get mad for a second or 2, then you just laugh.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Booboo....awesome story, and thanks for sharing. Smile

I have been blessed with 2 children and 4 grandchildren so my Christmas wish is for continued good heallth for my family, especially my daughter (42). She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2007, went though surgery and 6 chemo treatments and has been cancer free since then!!

Go Blue and see ya in Tampa!! Smile
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm

GOBLUEMIKE, Good to hear your daughter is doing well. Sometimes that is the best Chirstmas present you can have, the health of your family.

Happy Holidays, Go Blue, next best present would be an M victory!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Boo Boo thanks for that my son 19 had aissued tonight wasn't to happy about it Thanks for helping put that in perspective. Little thing are just little but our kids are forever.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Ok, I'll take this.

http://www.cseed.tv/design/movie.html
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Fish, which 1 did you want?

A. the car

B. the house

C. the women

D. the TV

E. all of the above

For only $620,000 I'll take 2 TV's!!!

If I could only won the lottery, since I live on 2 acres , that would be in my backyard.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah, I had plans for the 500 million super ball, but that didn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Good fortune and health for the family, lots of work, and a 1971 Hemi 'Cuda with a 426 Hemi, 4 speed, Luscious Lime, black vinyl top, black hockey stick stripe, black chin spoiler and black rear deck spoiler, & vintage Cragars.

Not much, really. Cool

P.S. Can't forget the shaker hood & body-colored shark gill grille.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Non football related Christmas wish list   OT: Non football related Christmas wish list Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Non football related Christmas wish list
Page 1 of 1