Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a great forum.

Go down 
+4
BetterThansparty
dwoody
WillieMfan
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

This is a great forum. Empty
PostSubject: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

First of all, I'm a diehard Bucks fan. I am not a troll and I do not insult, disparage, or call others names. I cannot stand posters who, for lack of a solid argument, result to that. I love talking B1G football, so If you want an objective OSU point of view, I can supply it. I live in the belly of the beast, Columbus Ohio. Yes, Columbus, not Cowlumbus.

To the admin. you've set up a very user friendly and complete site. It's one of the best one's I've seen.

So, let me know if this is cool, guys. I'd like to hang here.

PS, if my avatar is offensive, let me know. It's a great movie that show anybody can change for the better.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm

I am at a loss. I guess I am not sure what movie that is from. Your name is another head scratcher. So curb stomping and picture of man with a swastika on his chest is your first attempt on this forum. Not my cup of tea but I am only a pleeb here.
Back to top Go down
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm

The movie is American History X. Ed Norton's character is Derek Vineyard, a skinhead that changes his thinking and way of life at the end. Great flick and should be checked out. But, not a movie for everyone.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

I saw that movie in the late 90s and it was powerful, recognized the avatar (of course, the film title is also right there). If anyone wants to know more, there are clips and readings available from multiple sites.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 pm

IMO it's fine if you want to come here, opposing view-points are always good. Blatant name-calling is not accepted, for the most-part though. Also if you do bring information please bring the appropriate source and cite that. You are allowed to voice you opinion but have something to back it up (and preferably not a fox news article).

Other than that it's all good. Don't be offended if you see "ohio", "suckeye" or "bucknut" thrown around and you won't hear me say anything about "tsun" or anything else. "walmy" isn't offensive to me other than the fact that it isn't appropriate for myself and several others here. I do think that the nazi-swatchka on your avitar may be going a little too far though...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Derek...

First let me say that I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding this site, the functionality, etc.

As for you being here, WELCOME.

We had originally set this site up as a Michigan-Fans-Only type thing, but after a few months of that, most understood that we were in need of some differing opinions. So, that all being said, you're more than welcome to hang around here and post as frequently as you'd like.

As for the avatar, I don't really mind it, simply because I'm very familiar with the movie (as well as the scene that is the 'verb' of your nickname/handle). At the same time, we've already have evidence of a few that aren't as familiar with the movie, so you'll probably have a decent amount of explaining to do for the first couple weeks lol. But, again, I don't mind it.

That's the point of this forum - not a whole lot of rules.

We're all in here to talk football, and occasionally stray to the subjects that most men enjoy discussing: women, booze, women, other sports and women.

Did I say women?

Anyway, again, welcome to the forum.

Have fun and......GO BLUE cheers

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
IMO it's fine if you want to come here, opposing view-points are always good. Blatant name-calling is not accepted, for the most-part though. Also if you do bring information please bring the appropriate source and cite that. You are allowed to voice you opinion but have something to back it up (and preferably not a fox news article).

Other than that it's all good. Don't be offended if you see "ohio", "suckeye" or "bucknut" thrown around and you won't hear me say anything about "tsun" or anything else. "walmy" isn't offensive to me other than the fact that it isn't appropriate for myself and several others here. I do think that the nazi-swatchka on your avitar may be going a little too far though...

Thanks, 2nd. Sounds good, I don't subscribe to insulting others, especially when it comes to a sports forum. I don't mind "ohio." Woody kinda started that kinda thing anyway. Not much Bucks buzz on Fox. Should I check MSNBC? I kind of see how you're leaning.

On my avatar, I have others to chose from but that's the most powerful one, and if you've seen the film, you would understand that that tattoo became a scarlet letter.
Back to top Go down
DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Admin wrote:
Derek...

First let me say that I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding this site, the functionality, etc.

As for you being here, WELCOME.

We had originally set this site up as a Michigan-Fans-Only type thing, but after a few months of that, most understood that we were in need of some differing opinions. So, that all being said, you're more than welcome to hang around here and post as frequently as you'd like.

As for the avatar, I don't really mind it, simply because I'm very familiar with the movie (as well as the scene that is the 'verb' of your nickname/handle). At the same time, we've already have evidence of a few that aren't as familiar with the movie, so you'll probably have a decent amount of explaining to do for the first couple weeks lol. But, again, I don't mind it.

That's the point of this forum - not a whole lot of rules.

We're all in here to talk football, and occasionally stray to the subjects that most men enjoy discussing: women, booze, women, other sports and women.

Did I say women?

Anyway, again, welcome to the forum.

Have fun and......GO BLUE cheers

Thanks! I don't mind being bashed as an OSU fan on a UM forum, the other forums out there are terrible. Bash me for my views, not my loyalty. I do love talking OSU/UM football and I feel we're all in for a bumpy ride the next few years!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Nah, not a whole lot of bashing going on in here.

You have a fellow OSU poster in here with you, WhatsYourDeal, and I think he can attest that there isn't much, if any, of that going on in here.

You'll get called out for bullshit comments, but not who you root for. lol

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Eh...I don't think you will get bashed for being a fan. You will hear negatively toward Ohio but what do you expect. I think as long as you are objective you will do fine.

Love Ed Norton. Might have to check out the movie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:31 pm

It's a great movie, really.

"Disturbing", at times, but probably his best acting (Fight Club being right up there too).

mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Nah, not a whole lot of bashing going on in here.

You have a fellow OSU poster in here with you, WhatsYourDeal, and I think he can attest that there isn't much, if any, of that going on in here.

You'll get called out for bullshit comments, but not who you root for. lol

Wasn't WYD banned from here Admin? I saw people talking about it on mlive.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

no disrespect to the bucknut, but i hated that movie. a bunch of punks and thugs and their social issues. but welcome anyway. go blue!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm

A'las not everyone has seen it, or is willing to see it, or will view it as great. All we see is a guy who looks like a skin-head. We don't know that plot of the movie we just see a punk.

I have to believe that he was too, he hasn't been here in forever.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Admin wrote:
It's a great movie, really.

"Disturbing", at times, but probably his best acting (Fight Club being right up there too).

Great movie, Edward Norton's best.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 pm

welcome to the forum. My avatar is not a hollywood story... it's a scientific fact ha ha!

Looking forward to your thoughts and insight on Michigan and O$U football.

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Eh...I don't think you will get bashed for being a fan. You will hear negatively toward Ohio but what do you expect. I think as long as you are objective you will do fine.

Love Ed Norton. Might have to check out the movie.

Thanks, Willie! I know what I'm in for.

American History X is not for the faint of heart and not a family show. But, along with Primal Fear, one of his best performances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a great forum.   This is a great forum. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a great forum.
Page 1 of 1