Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. Empty
PostSubject: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 am

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/69715
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 am

Well, according to what I just read in your link, they make it sound like Brandon pulled the trigger to get the expansion. Last time I check, he is 1 of 12 AD's, and I would think the school presidents made the call, not the AD's.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Well, according to what I just read in your link, they make it sound like Brandon pulled the trigger to get the expansion. Last time I check, he is 1 of 12 AD's, and I would think the school presidents made the call, not the AD's.

You stole the words/comment right from my fat mouth, Fish...exactly my stance.

If in the prior cases the ABIA (or ABBA, if they like to sing) thought Brandon wasn't being
as open with them as they felt appropriate, they could have told him. In no uncertain terms.

I'm not trying to cover Brandons, or anyone's, ass: a university is after all first and foremost a center
of learning, research, and development; the athletic department is but a small part of their budget (save perhaps in the cases of SEC $$$-making machines) and yes, the AD is answerable to the board of regents. But it seems the onus is on the latter body to put its foot down harder and more often if it feels any of its subordinate offices (not just the AD's) is getting a bit out of character.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I think the main point is thayt he didn't ask. mike points out that athletics are only a small part of the university, why then was he allowed (or felt privileged enough) to make this decision without considering every angle?

I actually like this move, I think that Rutgers is a fine university that will be better able to blossom under the B1G umbrella and, in turn, benefit the conference as a whole. Maryland has already shown what it can do and with more resurces and better partner universities it is only going to get better.

It is already known what this will do financially for the conference and for sports like football it doesn't afffect too much in terms of travel, etc. as those games are on weekends. What about the vast majority of other student-athletes who compete throughout the week though? Is it a viable option for them? That is what I think the article was getting at.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 pm

My point it, Brandon didn't make the decision. No way does he have that authority. I'm sure MSC made the final call.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:31 pm

You would think. Actually, the Regents should have the call after MSC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.   It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water. Empty

Back to top Go down

It looks like Brandon may be getting in hot water.
Page 1 of 1