Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rob Parker Supended

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blu4vr

Rob Parker Supended Empty
PostSubject: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm

ESPN announced that Parker has been suspended while they look into the matter. My personal thought is that they only did it due to public pressure.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Not sure how I feel about this. The bottom line is I have no insight as to what the threshold is when it comes to insensitive or uncalled for remarks as it pertains to two black people.

we all know that the threshold is much more forgiving between two people of like races and it is my humble opinion that black people let more things slide between two black people and yet at the same time they are more sensitive regarding comments between a black and non black person than I would be between a latino and non latino.

Being latino I can tell you I let a lot more slide with my mexican friends than I would with people of other races. I'd assume the same rules apply between other races.

either way, I'm still not sure what RG3's "blackness" has to do with his abilities as a QB. I think it's safe to say that black QBs are no longer taboo. But if Rob Parker was trying to make a point or question if RG3's "non blackness" was causing a rift in the locker room then I have no problem debating that point, but I'm sure Rob Parker could have found a better (or at least less controversial) way to ask the question.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I haven't watched the clip of what he said yet...

But I will say this: you can thank Deadspin 100% for this, I would guess.

They have gone from a sports blog "without access, favor or discretion" to a still-kick-ass blog that is now ESPN's biggest watchdog.

They call ESPN out daily for their BS.

I can hardly watch ESPN anymore, now knowing that they possess almost zero journalistic integrity.

They rip stories from other hardworking journalists and brand it as their own story. As a former writer, it makes me sick.

So, unless my game is on ESPN, I pretty much refuse to give ESPN the time of day anymore (the television channel). I still follow some of the writers for ESPN.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Admin wrote:
I can hardly watch ESPN anymore, now knowing that they possess almost zero journalistic integrity...So, unless my game is on ESPN, I pretty much refuse to give ESPN the time of day anymore

I'm with 'ya. The fact they've kept Holtz, Corso and May this long says all one needs to know about my reasons.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Everything on that network is basically an act anymore.

It's all about pitting one viewpoint against another (though the opposing viewpoint is usually fake as hell, a la Skip Bayless).

I don't know when they decided to ditch what made them special, but they did.

The problem is they have such a stranglehold on the sports world that they don't have to get back to possessing any type of integrity. They've become so big that it's basically impossible for a competitor to come in and force change.

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

DerekVineyardsCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

blu4vr wrote:
ESPN announced that Parker has been suspended while they look into the matter. My personal thought is that they only did it due to public pressure.

"while they look into the matter" = SO FIRED.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Parker Supended   Rob Parker Supended Empty

Back to top Go down

Rob Parker Supended
Page 1 of 1