Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? Empty
PostSubject: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Yesterday was his 5th unofficial visit. It was an overnight so he should be gone by now but I haven't heard anything.

I did dig this up from an old insider article on ESPN...

"....When looking at schools, Westphal is focused on three things: academic standards, graduation rates and the football team and scheme.

With Bolingbrook (Parker's HS) running a 4-3 defense, Ivlow (Parker's coach) believes he could transition and flourish in a defense like Greg Mattison's..."

Anybody hear anything? Losing Damon Webb, we need this kid. Webb and Peppers in this class would have been a DB coup IMO but Westphal and Peppers is the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:17 pm

I have not heard anything and the only source I could find taking about it was paywalled. I am interested to hear how it went as well.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Everywhere I look I hear he's a UM lock but I'd still like to hear Parrker's thoughts. His position coach in high school, Todd Howard, played DB at Michigan so I'm sure he's in his ear about UM all the time.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Ok, I finally did it, I subscribed to 247sports. Now that I have access I thought I'd share some info on Parrker's visit.

Per Steve Lorenz (Michigan Insider for 247). I talked with Parrker, who gave me this lengthy reaction:

Parrker's main focus of this visit was to witness the team chemistry and see how the players interact with each other off the field.

He stayed overnight for this visit, which was the first time he had stayed in Ann Arbor.

He hung out a lot with Ross Douglas, Dymonte Thomas (host), Logan Tuley-Tillman and Jake Butt for the night.

They talked at length about how much they love it at Michigan already and how enjoyable it is.

He had a really great conversation with Taco Charlton at the end of the night and he explained to him how the players on the team treat each other well and with respect. He talked about how the strength coach (Aaron Wellman) does an amazing job as well and knows what he's doing. The last thing they talked about was how he needs to make sure he commits wherever he wants when he wants and to make sure he's ready to fully commit when he makes a decision; basically to not let anyone pressure him into making a decision.

Parrker did not consider a commitment this weekend and doesn't feel ready for a commitment in general right now. He still has two visits left in May (Florida and West Virginia I believe).

Parrker's timeline is fluid right now but he does want to get it over with at some point so he can focus on his team though.

So no groundbreaking news but it just reaffirms that he's as solid of a lock at this point that you're going to see. I like how he was with the freshman and how they were really selling Michigan to him. I like that a fellow DB was his host. I don't think it's a stretch to expect him to commit by the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 am

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?   Any news on the Parker Westphal visit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any news on the Parker Westphal visit?
Page 1 of 1