Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report

Go down 
+6
EJinGA
Admin
jjabilene
joe
michmike
fishgoblue22
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report Empty
PostSubject: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 am

No Michigan players on the list. Three PSU runningbacks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1056430-50-worst-draft-picks-in-nfl-history/page/51
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 am

Typical BR BS. Doesn't even have page-tab links set up to make it easy to progress through.

But interesting subject nonetheless. While there may be some claims for
Ryan Leaf as the worst-ever pick, given his position (#2 overall) and his
zilch production, to this day I stick by my choice...the spring of 1972, my
sophomore year at U-M: Notre Dame tackle Walt Patulski, No.1 overall,
by the Bills.

An absolute zero in the NFL. Not much in college, either, considering the one-game schedule ND always played back then (USC, and always lost).
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

I always figured it was Tony Mandarich

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am

Only three Lions on there? That makes the list invalid, IMO Very Happy .

Last edited by jjabilene on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 am

Curtis Enis has to be one of those PSU backs....

I'll check out the link in a bit to confirm.

Rasaan Salaam (sp?), did he go to PSU too? If so, that's gotta be #2.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am

Enis, Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas.

Rashaan Salaam went to Colorado and isn't on the list.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:19 am

3 Lions in the top 25.... Big suprise. And quite a few OSU dickheads as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Enis, Ki-Jana Carter and Blair Thomas.

Rashaan Salaam went to Colorado and isn't on the list.

Ah, gotcha.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm

michmike wrote:
Typical BR BS. Doesn't even have page-tab links set up to make it easy to progress through.

Most of their posts are setup as these bogus slideshows to produce clicks.

More clicks = more ad revenue

michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:44 pm

After finally figuring out that their javaScript programmer confused the "<=" and "=>" buttons, I rambled through the list. Didn't agree with it all, but it did have some good material.

One thing I was glad to read was that Nebraska's signature player of the "Reverend" Osborne Period of Hypocrisy, Lawrence Phillips, is serving a thirty-one year prison term of late. It's where he belongs.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

EJinGA wrote:
3 Lions in the top 25.... Big suprise. And quite a few OSU dickheads as well.

Yes...headlined (for me at least) by Art Scheister (uhh, Schlicter). I wasn't aware that his gambling
addiction had come to light prior to his NFL "career", but if it had been known while he was still at
OSU, you'd have thought the Falcons would have known better. Particularly in light of his alleged association
with a known gambling kingpin at Columbus racetracks.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

I met KiJana Carter in a bar at PSU one time. It was the night before a Penn St homecoming game against Wisconsin in 2007. Nobody in the bar seemed to recognize him and I yelled out his name as he passed and asked if I could get a pic with him. He was a very nice guy. I got to talk to him for a few minutes and he actually bought me and my buddy a drink. I am 5'9" and I was every bit as tall as him so that surprised me a bit.

It's hard to call a guy a bust given his injury situation. I'd rather put him in the "what if" category but still, he never lived up to being a #1 overall pick.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm

This article wasn't about busts totally, it was about draft picks that turned out bad. Steve Emtmen was on of them. Guy was a stud at Washington, and was on his way to being a stud in the NFL before blowing out his knee, returning the next year and blowing out the other one.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
This article wasn't about busts totally, it was about draft picks that turned out bad. Steve Emtmen was on of them. Guy was a stud at Washington, and was on his way to being a stud in the NFL before blowing out his knee, returning the next year and blowing out the other one.

The Lions are masters of this. See Ryan Broyles.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Michmike: We are contemporaries!!! Where did you live 72-75? Also, too hard to mess with the list, where was Mandarich listed? He has to be in the top five.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:00 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I always figured it was Tony Mandarich

Oh my God, ^5 joe! Those pathetic, over-rated, juiced up sparty POS....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Admin wrote:

Most of their posts are setup as these bogus slideshows to produce clicks.

More clicks = more ad revenue

Ahhhh....Pure genius. Never thought about that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report   OT:  50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: 50 worst draft picks of all time according to Bleacher Report
Page 1 of 1