Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls Empty
PostSubject: Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls   Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Went to the game on wed. night with 11 other family members. Former kid from HS I work at, Adam Fenton plays FB at CMU, have a niece who is a CMU cheerleader, cousin is CMU grad. He paid for all 12 tickets, plus he drove in the snow, wore my maroon/yellow sweater & became a CMU fan for the night. Had a good time, cheering for the chips.

I'm sure Ford Field & city of Detroit tries its best to put on a 1st class show. Fans having a great time, you thought CMU won national title the way they where celebrating. Announced attendance was 23,000 plus, though that seemed higher than people there. Of course snow kept people from coming to game. Only bad thing, beer at $8.75, had to buy couple for cousin & myself, add some nachos, pizza $50 goes quickly.

Watching other bowl games, seeing stadiums half empty to 2/3rds empty. I'm sure kids have a good time at these bowls, the gifts and/or gift cards they recieve are nice. I'm a bowl junkie so I enjoy just sitting at home watching FB. though some of the play hasn't been the greatest. Watching Rutgers/Va. Tech right now, this is ugly seeing a future B14 member piss game away, I was actually cheering for Duke last night when it looke like they where going to win. But atlast all the ways their BB team finds a way to win, their FB team found a way to lose to Cincinnati. I don't how all these bowls survive, I guess the cities make some/alot money. It seems certain games the sponsors change, I don't know if they are losing money.

I don't want to go back to 1970, only 11 bowls, but 35 way to many, my opinion, 25 games, maybe even 22-23 games. I would eliminate teams that are 6-6. This yr. there are 12, 6-6 teams. Why reward average teams? Even some of these 7-5 teams build up record with cupcake wins.

Maybe an exception can be made for a 7-5 or 6-6 team going bowling if your cheerleaders are hot Twisted Evil

Just my 2 cents, sitting on living room carpet with my dog, now watching Minnesota/Texas Tech on a boring friday night.

GO BLUE, 4 days until a Outback Bowl victory!!!!!

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls   Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 am

I'm a bowl junkie too. But if you decrease the number of bowls that will not increase the number of people attending.

Rutgers/Va Tech was almost unwatchable, and I watched the whole game. The Duke/Cincy game was a great game to watch, so was the Minny/Tx Tech game was good last night.

Working on a 5 or 6 year streak of watching at least part of every bowl game. I know it is pathetic.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls   Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:27 am

That Rutgers/VaTech game took bowls back 50 years I think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls   Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Caesars Bowl and other bowls
Page 1 of 1