Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I, for one, am going to miss Denard.

Go down 
+2
wshoes
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I, for one, am going to miss Denard. Empty
PostSubject: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 am

But his true leadership is the way he has passed to torch to Devin. You can tell that Devin looks up to Denard, and both are great teammates.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121231/OPINION03/212310342/1131/sports0201/Torch-passes-between-Michigan-quarterbacks

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 am

I will too Fish- the guy has been a blast to watch and he has been a great player embodying the leadership, effort and team spirit you look for.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am

Same here. He's been frustrating at times, but you can't help liking the guy.

It's gotta be an interesting dynamic between Denard and Devin. Roommates while competing for the same position, and you know they have to read all the opinions flying around out there.

Amazing that they've kept their egos in check and remained tight.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/12/denards_farewell_robinson_prep.html

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/12/its_official_devin_gardner_to.html

Man I hope Denard and Devin have big days on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am

I can't think any true U-M fans (and I mean those worth their salt) won't miss him. I know I will. The INTs have been frustrating, yes, but more than outweighed by the sheer excitement of all that speed, elusiveness and, as Shoes points out, team-man-ship.

And his happy-go-lucky, I'm-no-better-a-human-being-than-you attitude and arms-wide welcome to life itself---unmistakeably displayed in that galaxy-wide smile---all add up to one fine young man.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 pm

He is the first UM player that I have witnessed that makes me stand up with excitement as soon as he breaks free from the LOS. He can take it to the endzone from anywhere on the field, and when he gets past the first wave, I always stand up expecting him to go all the way.

Sheer excitement is the best way to put it mike.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm with you on that fish.

As soon as he takes 1 step I jump up expecting it to go to the house!

He's done it enough to make me beilieve he'll do it every time.

Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 12:19 pm

I remember being in the House with my daughter on her "recruiting" visit, his first game against Western. He lined up as a QB (after Tate taking all of the snaps) and I touched her arm and said "Denard". He went right, and I said "Denard". He dropped the ball, and I groaned "Denard". He picked it back up, and the magic began.

"Denard... Denard... Denard... DENARD!!! DENARD!!!" I'll never forget that moment.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
when he gets past the first wave, I always stand up expecting him to go all the way.

Come to think of it...during his U-M tenure, has he ever been caught from behind?

I honestly can't recall seeing (on TV live, or during replays) any such instance.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 pm

I know I will miss Denard. In a way, he helped me cope with the RR days and the eventual transition. As much as I cringed at a lot of the games, Denard was always there smiling with a "can-do" attitude. He was humble and positive when UM fans needed to learn humility and positiveness.

I wish him the very best regardless of what the future holds for him. I tend to follow all UM players when the hit the NFL, but I'm thinking I will be following Denard's career a little closer. I really want him to succeed.

I feel very fortunate that Denard played for UM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I, for one, am going to miss Denard.   I, for one, am going to miss Denard. Empty

Back to top Go down

I, for one, am going to miss Denard.
Page 1 of 1