Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This was a bad team.

Go down 
+4
Wolverdog
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
WillieMfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

This was a bad team. Empty
PostSubject: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:34 pm

It is what it is folks. This is why I was worried this morning. Our only "quality win" was NW. We finished the season 8-5. About the only positive was barely beating MSU with a bunch of FG's. I am sure some will point out that we were in all of the games minus Alabama. Unfortunately, there are no awards for that.

The future is still bright. Another year gone means another year of Hoke recruits. We all know how well he has recruited. One thing is clear-you can never have enough too many db's. Injuries have devastated us the last couple of years in the secondary. For next year:

Wr-Concerned. I think Darboh has potential but am worried because he did not get pt this year. Gallon is listed as a RS JR. Does that mean he still has a year left? Dileo is only a jr. So if both are back it will bode well.
TE- Funchess. Enough said.
RB-Eh. Will Fitz recover? I am not confident. It was a bad injury. Rawls was MIA, which does not give me a lot of hope. Green or bust?
QB-Gardner All set.
OL-Lewan is gone. There is no way he will return. We have a good 2012 recruiting class of OL but experience will be scarce. This will be a problem area.
DL-Roh dissapeared IMO. Campbell was meh. I really do not think their losses will be felt. The emergence of Black and Washington give us something to build on. Pipkins, Clark, Brink, Ash, etc. give us plenty of talent to work with.
LB-Demens out. Insert Bolden. We're just fine here.
DB's-Assuming Countess bounces back from injury we should be in good shape.We have some good talent coming back and Hoke has really recruited this position hard.

The main concerns are on offense. Hopefully we will have some young guys fill up the holes. The schedule sets up well. Here's hoping 2013 is a giant leap forward.

Last edited by WillieMfan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:37 pm

UM out played them most of the game. Should have won.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I take no solace in that Michigan should have won. None. Could have-would have-should have- is about the lamest thing there is in the sports world.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Neither do I, and the season is a disappointment, but I don't think it is a bad team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:40 pm

If The DB's make 1 play we win that game DB's cost the game no doubt in my mind. Offense did well a couple of calls I had squestions, The option on the try for 2 that was WTF material. Gardner missed some wide open plays but he made some good plays too.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm sorry but the older I get the more I realize its about the wins. Ohio fans actually think they won the NC. Do they realize how weak their schedule was? Nope. Does ND realize they should have lost at least two games? Nope. Their too busy being excited for the NC game.

We had a tough schedule. 4 out of 5 of our losses were to top 10 teams. Still we lost. Losing sucks. Furthermore our wins were against nobodies. Hard to consider this season or this team to be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't think they're bad, just got some bad breaks (injuries), and some self-inflicted (suspensions). Young and inexperienced in several areas.

I think that Hoke's recently stated desire for the NCAA to let the redshirts play in the bowl games were directly related to the O-line, Kalis in particular. Omameh was a waste of space today.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Mealer had more than one play where he was spinning around like my dog getting ready for bed.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Neither do I, and the season is a disappointment, but I don't think it is a bad team.

Precisely, a "bad team" wears green/white, and plays in a December Bowl game...

To me this years Michigan team played meh... But they beat who they were supposed to beat and lost who they were supposed to lose to. Of course I expect more but you've also got to throw realistic expectations into the mix.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah, and they could go 12-0 next year... I will be as excited as I ever have been going into next season. They will finally turn the corner.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

8-5 is unacceptable at Michigan.

I don't care who we lost to, and how great of a combined record those teams have.

This is Michigan.

Win. NOW.

Or get the hell out (players and coaches).

I'm steaming about this season.

Not acceptable. End of story.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This was a bad team.   This was a bad team. Empty

Back to top Go down

This was a bad team.
Page 1 of 1