Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. Empty
PostSubject: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm

David versus Goliath, but David apparently left his sling in South Bend!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm

To quote Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were". How ND won 12 games is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 pm

bad calls and a lot of luck..plus the worst game I have seen Denard play.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
bad calls and a lot of luck..plus the worst game I have seen Denard play.

True.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:12 am

Denard's worst game, true (and still needed lots of luck to win at home, 13-6 that day), plus:

---playing a weaker-than usual USC team even with Barkley at QB (he didn't play that day).

---playing one other road game, at Oklahoma, which proved yet again, in its bowl game, that Bob Stoops is the most overrated coach, of the most overrated program, year after year, in the country.

---getting a gift missed chip-shot field goal from a mediocre team (Pitt) in OT

Still, what puzzles me most of all is the number of "experts" who actually predicted an ND win last night. And I'm not talking the flatus-filled balloons like Corso, Holtz or May: I mean respected syndicated columnists from major newspapers.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am

Mike part of that might be - what is the glory in picking a 10 pt favorite- the next day no one remembers, if you pick a heavy dog and they win, you're seen as a genius.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

Counterpoint, 'Shoes---if you pick the heavy 'dog, and give the impression you are really convinced, the next day after they predictably get creamed, you're seen (or deserve to be) as a jackass.

Which is why I included the clause to exclude Holtz, May and Corso...(as jackass qualifiers)...I didn't want to redundantly state the obvious.

But yes, I take your point. Any stupid person can pick an odds-on favorite to win then claim they're a sports god...we have plenty of proof that plenty of so-called experts continually do just that, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.   Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looks like I will get some good sleep tonight, after all.
Page 1 of 1