Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles

Go down 
+8
WolverineHistorian
michmike
EJinGA
fishgoblue22
ThatGuy
WillieMfan
dwoody
booboo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles Empty
PostSubject: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Per ESPN and ESPN.com, Kelly interviewed with the Eagles on tuesday. A "source" stated there is mutual interest.

So your preparing your team for the NC game, same time on phone with an NFL team about a job. I guess cant be surprised anymore with coaches switching jobs. Kinda hope he goes.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 am

It probably just came up Tuesday morning!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am

My thought is he is leveraging more money out of ND. I feel an extension coming.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:06 am

Talked to my notre dame buddy about this. His words exactly were, "After Monday they can have him!"

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:46 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Talked to my notre dame buddy about this. His words exactly were, "After Monday they can have him!"

Then your Notre Dame buddy is an idiot. Kelly is the best thing to happen to ND since Lou Holtz.

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 am

Kelly is an arogant SOB, and I wouldnt be suprised to see him give up a good thing to go pro.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 am

I was somewhat surprised to see that (Kelly/Eagles) last night. My theory: he realizes (and no one has a keener insight into his program than he) that this year's team, overrated as it proved to be but nonetheless 12-0 regular season, was a one-hit-wonder, and he's thinking of the future.

His near-complete lack of characteristic sideline outbursts during the game could have been the result of his realization his team was completely outmanned from the get-go, or a waning of his interest in the job. I say both. Won't be surprised to see him go...but frankly, not too concerned or interested either way. ND's winning streak over U-M will end at one...particularly after last night's spectacular news.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 am

A few thoughts:

1. Who cares if he is arrogant. He has been a winner everywhere he has coached.

2. He was warned by ND officials about his sideline blowups and changed his approach. That is a testament to his adaptability.

3. ND was dead in the water after Weis. Kelly turned it around, and has been able to recruit some pretty good athletes.

4. I hope he goes. It will be hard for ND to replace him. The guy that replaced him at both CMU and Cincy just took the Tenn job.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 am

The meltdown in Notre Dame nation would be sooooo much fun if he left. Like get some popcorn, watch their misery around the clock good.

I read on mgoblog that Kelly has a second interview with the Eagles his weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Then your Notre Dame buddy is an idiot.

Notre Dame buddy and idiot is rather redundant....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
A few thoughts:

1. Who cares if he is arrogant. He has been a winner everywhere he has coached.

2. He was warned by ND officials about his sideline blowups and changed his approach. That is a testament to his adaptability.

3. ND was dead in the water after Weis. Kelly turned it around, and has been able to recruit some pretty good athletes.

4. I hope he goes. It will be hard for ND to replace him. The guy that replaced him at both CMU and Cincy just took the Tenn job.

I second every single one of these points.

I don't like Kelly....but Fish is spot on above.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I am starting to think this may have some legs. There are still three openings in the NFL (I think just three)-Plilly, Chicago and Cleveland. With Chip Kelly pulling out there is not a whole lot out there. Chicago and Philly are really attractive jobs in the sense they are not complete rebuilds. I expect Chicago and Philly to put the full court press on for his services. Hell if Syracuse's coach can land in the NFL, Kelly must be real attractive to teams.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Jacksonville opened up today.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 am

Detroit opens up next year...

Next year may be the big year to hire a new coach. Chip and Saban may make the jump. Cowher wants to come back, and so does Gruden. Brian Billick has said he would jump at the right oppurtunity.

The Browns hiring Chud really shows the lack of coaching potential this year.

Of course, the Lions will 'improve' to 6-10 next year and nothing will change...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 am

"Cowher wants to come back and so does Gruden."

Please explain this one. Gruden has passed down coaching jobs for the last three years, Cowher even longer. People said Cowher would take the Carolina job when it opened up because he had a house there. Then it was said he once his daughter left high school he would be free to coach again. Both have happened and he is still not a coach. Hell there aren't even rumors about him coaching anymore. Seems to me that teams have moved on.

So what are you hearing EJ?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 am

If I was Gruden or Cowher, I would not want to get back into coaching. They have the perfect situation right now. They both are still considered top coaches. Both were still at the top of their game when they went out. Both can now just talk about football, and go home. They both make pretty decent money.

They are living the life. No stress in having to be at the "office" all day every day.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:29 am

I have heard Cowher isn't interested at all.

He likes the schedule he has.

He's been out of coaching 6, coming on 7, years I think.

why come back now?

I'm getting the same feeling about Chuckie. I think he enjoys the things he does. He gets to do those interviews, one on one, with all those QBs. He loves that shit. And I do too actually. Even my wife loves the TV Chuckie.

I don't see it with these 2.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

I'm getting the same feeling about Chuckie. I think he enjoys the things he does. He gets to do those interviews, one on one, with all those QBs. He loves that shit. And I do too actually. Even my wife loves the TV Chuckie.

Agreed. He is great on those QB interviews. I do miss the Chuckie's scowl. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Cowher said this week that he would be interested in getting back into coaching.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8827258/bill-cowher-wants-coach-nfl-again-some-point-according-report
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks for the link TBH. I had not seen that. I really do not understand what he is waiting for. For him to wait another 4 or 5 season is just wasting his prime IMO. Is he trying yo be the Bill Snyder of the NFL? Is there a Dick Vermeil award for coaches that recapture their former glory?

The good news is the Brown's job opens u every 3-4 years so he always has that to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Brian Billick said on The Thundering Herd yesterday that he would come back at the right oppurtunity... Cowher said the same, as well as Chuckie.

With all the coaching vacancies this year, and they didnt pull the trigger... I think this looks good for Detroit. 'Maybe' they are one of the 'good oppurtunities' that they are talking about. I had read something a while ago on B/R where the writer stated that if Detroit had fired Jimmy, then Detroit would be the #1 desired destination for a new coach. Stricktly opinion, of course.

Who wouldnt want to take the reigns of a team that has the best WR in his prime, and a pototential franchise QB.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Meh I think the Chicago and Philly jobs would be more attractive. It has not been that many years ago when they were both contending.

I love the coaches being so friggen vague. What the hell is the right opportunity??? You know it's not the money. Teams will throw money at these guys. I swear they just say that shit to stay relevant.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Brian Billick said on The Thundering Herd yesterday that he would come back at the right oppurtunity... Cowher said the same, as well as Chuckie.

With all the coaching vacancies this year, and they didnt pull the trigger... I think this looks good for Detroit. 'Maybe' they are one of the 'good oppurtunities' that they are talking about. I had read something a while ago on B/R where the writer stated that if Detroit had fired Jimmy, then Detroit would be the #1 desired destination for a new coach. Stricktly opinion, of course.

Who wouldnt want to take the reigns of a team that has the best WR in his prime, and a pototential franchise QB.

Detroit IS NOT the right opportunity. Trust me on this. As much distaste as I have for Schwartz he isn't the problem.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am

I heard a lot of coaches are not interested in Philly. Not sure why, but something there is turning guys off.

Heard the leading candidate for Chicago is Mark Tressman. Former NFL OC, been a head coach in Canada for a few years.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 am

The fans? One minute they will love and the next minute they will want you dead. Literally! That's the only thing I can think of.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Kelly just announced that he is staying at Notre Dame.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 pm

yahoo sports say he;s stayin @ ND

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles   Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

Brian Kelly interviews with Philadelphia Eagles
Page 1 of 1