Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting Rankings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ptoad

Recruiting Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting Rankings   Recruiting Rankings EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 am

Can't say I understand them, or that it really matters, but I have to question the reliability of the Rivals Team Rankings.

They have Michigan ranked two spots below OSU. Michigan has more total recruits, more five star recruits, more four star recruits, and a higher average ranking per recruit but is almost 100 points behind OSU in their total score. Anyone have an idea of how this math works or do they just get extra points because Urban Meyer recruited them?

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Rankings   Recruiting Rankings EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

Well toad, your second comment holds tru. They don't really matter.

It's a nice little thing for fans to argue about on the internet butnot much else.

There are a lot of things that go into recruiting such as need. And type. A coach isn't going to recruit a higher graded "road grader" if a slightly lower rated "zone blocking" lineman is available.

And you never know who was going to go to Michigan or Ohio from the beginning. If a high 4* comes to you a year before and commits and you only need one do you take him or leave him hang and recruit a higher one?

Lots of stuff goes into it.

Plus, I never figured out how they could possible tell me someone was the 120th best player and someone else was the 140th best player. Or to go deeper, don't they have a top 300? So someone knows who is #299 and who would be #301? Riiiiiiight. lol

Off the soapbox

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Rankings   Recruiting Rankings EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Rivals blows OSU like ESPN blows the Yankees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Rankings   Recruiting Rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Rankings
Page 1 of 1