Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm confused about Signing numbers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

I'm confused about Signing numbers Empty
PostSubject: I'm confused about Signing numbers   I'm confused about Signing numbers EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Ok. I thought we were almost to our number of commits.

Then we had attrition of 3 guys which opened 3 more spots. One guys is Samualson. One I think is the DB from Cass Tech. Don't remember the third.

Then we have 6 guys from the class entering school early. I read, it may have been here, that if they enter early their numers count against LAST YEAR's numbers, not this year's.

If this is correct then that would open up 6 more spots for 2013.

Now, I realixe there are numbers games and all.

Can anyone explain how this works?

I also realize that you can only fill spots from last year if there are open spots. Is that part of it?

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused about Signing numbers   I'm confused about Signing numbers EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Not an expert but there are two limits- 85 total at one time and 25 in any one year. So the six early enrollees didn't open up 6 more spots because we bump up against the 85, not the 25.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused about Signing numbers   I'm confused about Signing numbers EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

The six early enrollees are relevant to NEXT season's class, in that they count towards LAST year's class, but only up to 25 for last year. So if we have 6 early enrollees NEXT year, they can fill those 6 spots. IIRC, we had 3 early enrollees last season, so if they all counted toward the previous year's class, that opens up 3 spots for this year's early enrollees. The other three only count for last year if last year's class was under 25 at that point.

Or something like that. affraid

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused about Signing numbers   I'm confused about Signing numbers EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

I recently saw on Mlive that Hail says we have possibly three spots left. Good enough for me!

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused about Signing numbers   I'm confused about Signing numbers Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm confused about Signing numbers
Page 1 of 1