Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ill knocks off #1 Indiana

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Ill knocks off #1 Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 pm

74-72 on last second layup. Wow.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Zeller got caught out of position- that looked like a lay-up drill. Amazing!

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I am in shock! Probably a worse loss than Michigan will have all season. Looks like IU blew their load on Michigan.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 am

Just goes to show what we all knew from Microsecond One: the importance of HOLDING SERVE. The win over OSU eased a lot of nerves, sure, because of whom it was against...and of course because of the B1G race (atop which we're now tied)...but as much as anything, because it was at Crisler. Wilie, it may or may not be a reach to say Indiana blew its load (or whatever!) on us, but it was their serve...as it was Illinois' last night, ours Tuesday night.

I think it was you, Fish, who posted a long while back that in no sport like college BB does the homefield/court advantage seem to mean nearly as much. Proven week after week after week...year after year.

We get IU at Crisler on the final day of the regular season. A win there (and we'll be favored) and we have a huge lift heading into the two tournaments.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 am

Addendum--- if we can break serve at Madison Saturday, guess who climbs back into the[polls'] top perch?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am

I really think UM matches up great with Wisconsin. They don't have the strong defenders in the back court like IU or OSU. Which should provide Burke some room to be a playmaker.

However, I hope UM wins and only gets to #2, let Duke jump UM. The #1 ranking has been a curse this season.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am

Mike,

I've been comparing BT contenders for several years now with a simplified scoring system: Every road win is plus 1, every home loss is minus 1, right now we have a nice plus 3.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 am

Hehe...that's one way to analyze it, Shoes. But you might want to assign a value to every HOME WIN, too...other than neutrality (zero). I for one sure as hell wouldn't say Tuesday night's win was worth ZERO!!!!

As for Fish, you have a point there---No.1 seems to be a disproportionately-gigantic bullseye on your back. Just look at this season. But happily, as we all know, rankings be damned---in college hoops, it's settled on the court.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ill knocks off #1 Indiana   Ill knocks off #1 Indiana Empty

Back to top Go down

Ill knocks off #1 Indiana
Page 1 of 1