Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Ferns.

Go down 
+2
michmike
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 am

Check out how he has arranged his stickers on his helmet. I like this kid.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/02/lb_recruit_michael_ferns_looki.html
Back to top Go down
michmike

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 am

Now THAT is definitely a first: Buckeye decals on a Buckeye (scarlet-grey striped) helmet in the shape of the winged helmet!!!

Also great to see a highly-rated player following in Shane's footsteps and personally acting to surround himself with talented, solid teammates...

But the young man's "policital savvy" (knowing when to say what, and what not to say when) struck me the most:

"(Athletically and Academically) Michigan and Ohio State are two different campuses. I'll leave it at that".

No need to say more, indeed...

Welcome to the fold, fella!
Back to top Go down
Ptoad

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 am

This is one kid in Ohio that I am not concerned about Meyer "flipping"
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

I am glad he is so into the university. I am also glad his dad seems to be very supportive. With them being 5 hours away from AA they have a lot of driving to do to keep up the recruiting effort. Shane was a lot closer and spent most of his weekends in AA. It will be interesting to see if Michael can do the same.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 am

I agree with all three of you (Fish, Will, Ptoad) that this kid not only seems like a superb addition, but has his feet on the ground and is 'M' all the way.

Either he's not bluffing about his love for U-M and 100% dedication to joining the Maize and Blue, or if he is he's very, very good at it, because I sure am convinced he's genuine to the bone.

Will, I doubt distance will impede his "recruiting" efforts appreciably, in this cyber-day and age.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:44 am

Internet and texting will certainly help. That said these kids schedule visits whenever their schedule allows it. Morris was seemingly on campus every weekend last year. It will be harder for the Michael to do the same. I certainly do not think it will be disastrous or anything. Just more effort on his part.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't think he's bluffing...

"Anyone I talk to from Ohio, I tell them about why I went up North," he said. "I have a couple different reasons I usually tell them."

Like?

"Academically and athletically, along with what Michigan can provide," Ferns said. "You can tell that (Michigan and Ohio State) are two different campuses, and I'll just leave it at that.

"At the end of the day, I knew what was right for me and I went with that."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Awesome find, Fish!

That's sweet!!!!

Sponsored content

Michael Ferns.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Ferns.    Michael Ferns.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Ferns.
Page 1 of 1