Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.

Go down 
+4
WillieMfan
michmike
BetterThansparty
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Empty
PostSubject: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Could very well be rated the #1 player in the state of Ohio for the 2014 class, undoubtedly top 5 at this point.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AixhUcVQmJk

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Wow you're quick. I just received the update but you already posted about it. We have yet to play to 2012 season yet, nor sign the 2013 class. We need a life...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 pm

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Shane_10

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Taco10

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Well 2nd...I guess at this point I'd have to disagree that we need to get lives because of that.

Think about it.

How many major recruiting sites are there now? ESPN, Scout, Rivals, 24/7 and others everyday that are trying to become a major player.

But why are there four major sites (that spend millions of dollars on sites, staff, etc.) and others that constantly try and pop up?

Because there's a market for it. A ridiculously large market.

We aren't the only ones constantly reading this stuff. We aren't the only ones who spend time on a forum specifically to talk about it. Hell, we're not even the only site for Michigan Football that has a forum designed for that. I can think of a particular blog, probably the best/largest single-team sports blog on the Internet, that has an enormous number of members that post/read comments on a daily basis.

The fact is, everyone has their one thing that they are extremely passionate about. (The ones who don't are either living their lives geeked out on Vicodin the entire day, or are very sad, depressed people who I simply feel sorry for).

For some it's politics. For others it's their careers. Some are extremely passionate about giving back to the community and participate in as many charitable events as they can. Others are very passionate about their religion, and attend church multiple days a week. Some are passionate writers, singers or dancers.

We're passionate Michigan Football fans.

Are we over the top? Maybe.

But let me get back to you with the millions+ figure of the amount of subscribers to various pay sites alone and then tell me what you think.

Hey, if everyone's doing it, it must be ok, right?

cheers

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 pm

...and to think, I got the same information FOR FREE from an email maybe 4 minutes later. What's the big whoop about twitter?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 pm

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Az5ogo10

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:31 pm

From Scout:

“I think when I went back (to Ann Arbor) the second time for the barbecue, I felt good about making the decision,” Ferns admitted. “After that you just kind of look out for the academic stuff focusing on fixing my junior schedule up to graduate early my senior year. After that I was ready to go.”

“Michigan just stuck out to me. After that second visit up there it kind of really stuck out more. I felt good the whole time I was there. I felt great and I knew it was time to make the decision.”

Once certain about collegiate destination Ferns phoned his future coaches Wednesday to make them aware of the news. The euphoric response on the other end made him even surer of his choice.

“It was great,” said Ferns of regarding the reaction from Ann Arbor. “I talked to Coach Hoke and I could tell he was excited. Coach Mattison walked out for an interview but he talked to me for a little bit before doing that and there was huge level of excitement. It’s nice to know the coaches feel that way about me. It just made the decision so much better for me.”

Full FREE article: http://michigan.scout.com/2/1210152.html#.UCRvj7zhcvA.twitter

michmike

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 am

Admin wrote:

I'd watch that stuff, young fella. Sounding too much like a certain former
rival quarterback.

But your missive was pretty well-composed...in the fashion (after your wont)
of a true journalist!

However, I must defer to 2nd's opinion (sic)...
such exhilaration over the class of 2014 is really getting ahead of ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:

I'd watch that stuff, young fella. Sounding too much like a certain former
rival quarterback.

Wait, who are you talking about?

michmike

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 am

If you don't know, I'm not going to tell 'ya...as the childish saying runs.

Okay, in the interest of maturity, I'll drop a hint. He played for OSU just prior to the fall of Tressel...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:09 am

I said it before and I will say it again-Michigan will be the new LB U. The competition at that position starting next year and into the future will be sick. I know some of these guys will have to play other positions because we have too many of them but we should still have plenty to go around.

Ferns may be a candidate to change positions. As a junior in HS he is 6'3 235 lbs. Seems like a great candidate to put on a few more pounds and move him to DE.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...and to think, I got the same information FOR FREE from an email maybe 4 minutes later. What's the big whoop about twitter?

Oldsters don't get it, that's the big whoop. And we knew 4 minutes before you did. Cool

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
Oldsters don't get it...

I resemble that remark...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Oldsters don't get it, that's the big whoop. And we knew 4 minutes before you did. Cool

Is 2nd under the impresseion that Twitter costs $?

We got the information FOR FREE too, lol!

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:03 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I said it before and I will say it again-Michigan will be the new LB U. The competition at that position starting next year and into the future will be sick. I know some of these guys will have to play other positions because we have too many of them but we should still have plenty to go around.

Bolden, Ross, Jenkins-Stone, McCray, Gedeon and Ferns (that's a combination of three different classes, including current freshman down to a soon-to-be junior in high school).

And let us not forget that we've got some sophomore named Jake Ryan on the team too, and I hear he's not too bad. cheers

Look out.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't need to follow twitter like a man possessed.

"Everybody kills people. Steals from you, steals from me."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I admit i can't keep up with all the media outlets. Thankfully some wise individual started up this forum so I can keep somewhat up to date.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
I admit i can't keep up with all the media outlets. Thankfully some wise individual started up this forum so I can keep somewhat up to date.

Thanks for the kind words, truly.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Go_Blue wrote:

Ditto, although you sure are using the term "wise" loosely... Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 am

2nd is blinded by facts sometimes.

BTW, the thing I liked was he said he was getting his academics in order to graduate early and be at UofM in the Spring! That's fabulous!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Blinded by facts? What "facts" are you discussing? If you are hinting at Social Media as being a "FACT" you are sadly mistaken.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Here is a great article written by Tremendous on Ferns...sounds like another stand-up kid from a great family...who happens to be in love with Michigan!

http://www.michigantremendous.com/2012/08/1-michael-ferns.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.    2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.  Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 LB Michael Ferns COMMITS!!!! First Team 135 commit, and a freaking helluva a start.
Page 1 of 1