Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. Empty
PostSubject: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201302192250/SPORTS0101/302190409

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:59 pm

But I'll bet you $100.00 that Nate will be playing football. If he is so serious about it, maybe he should quit too. It's easy to say one thing and do another, and that's what Nate is doing.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 pm

I'll bet you $1,000,000 that Burleson will be playing Football next year. He doesn't have the history that Best does with concussions. If Burleson did I don't think that he would play. Unfortunately with head injuries you are not capable of thinking critically. After Burleson's words and if Best is not cleared to play by the end of pre-season I think that he might shut it down as far as a player goes. I'm not sure on what talent he has as far as coaching but I could definitely see him still coaching the game he loves or possibly being a sort of peer-support for the entire NFL in regards to Head Injuries.

One door closes and another one opens...

The question is will Best accept the closure of the on-the-field door? That is a very difficult thing to do.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm

I'd bet you a $1,000,000,000.00 that if I had head injuries, but was cleared by a Dr. I would still play. 99% of the guys would too.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Best hasn't been cleared to play yet. It's been over a year now, Burleson is advising Best to, for lack of a better term, "just give it up and save your own life". Even if Best was cleared to play at some-point this year it is an awfully large gamble to take. Just my opinion but if Best doesn't play a single game in the Pre-season he calls it a career (or at least he should).

I also don't think the Lions medical staff will ever give him the all-clear. That isn't to say some other organization won't give him the opportunity to play causing more damage. The NFL is a business, they don't care about their players. Thus the law-suit by the Players Association.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.   Pro Football players: They're starting to learn. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Football players: They're starting to learn.
Page 1 of 1