Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No commitments this weekend???

Go down 
+4
BetterThansparty
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
WillieMfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

No commitments this weekend??? Empty
PostSubject: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 am

Say it ain't so. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

I thought that if any one kid would commit this weekend it would have been Cole. Based on Cole's own words in the few articles I've read it really only seems like a matter of time.

Would have been nice to get a commitment from him this weekend though.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I also saw that Elijah Hood said that he was really high on Michigan after his visit and that UM definitely moved up into his "top schools" list. He said that he really wants to put UM at #1 but he wants to wait a few days to see how he feels. I think he previously had UM at #5.

Normally I wouldn't think much of it because almost every kid says that type of stuff after any visit to any school but Hood just visited ND and he definitely did not come out and say that after his ND visit. After he left UM he went to visit O$U and he certainly isn't saying that he is beaming after that visit either.

One thing to note is that Hood goes to a catholic school and it's been thought that he is an ND lean even though he's never really come out and said it but after hearing his excitement for UM I would not be surprised to get a commitment from him.

I'd also like to go on record saying that I would rather have Hood over Mixon or Balladge ANY day.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Sandy called it Mason Cole just committed.

Hood just released a top 3 and we are #2 behind ND but ahead of Ohio.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm

I was just going to post that.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Mason Cole just committed.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=5749198

And how did we miss this one:

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=6019703

Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:03 pm

I posted something about Mone right when he committed but I dont think anyone commented on it.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Mone was a couple weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

That's why I was surprised that I hadn't heard of it. Looking back, wasn't that when I was banned?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:16 pm

This puts us in GREAT with Scott. I'll look around to find the article where they both say they are pretty much a package deal. Also, this is going to be huge in getting 2015 WR George Campbell

This is great news for me to end the day with!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Sandy called it Mason Cole just committed.

Hood just released a top 3 and we are #2 behind ND but ahead of Ohio.

This is good news but it's going to take a hell of a push to get Hood from ND. This is the first I've seen in print that he's actually said he is a ND lean (although I suspected as much). I like the kid's tape a lot and I think he should be one of our top 5 targets now.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am

Reactions from this past weekend:

http://www.themblock.com/2013/02/big-visit-weekend-reactions.html?m=1
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Reactions from this past weekend:

http://www.themblock.com/2013/02/big-visit-weekend-reactions.html?m=1

Thanks Willie for that link!

Very interesting about Berger going pre-med. I didn't know that before. I love this snippet from the write-up...

"...Berger plans on going the pre-med route in school so to me the decision is crystal clear..."

Berger should be Blue!

I also loved this from Hood...

"...Hood did tell me that the Ohio State visit was "not the same" as the Michigan visit. He said it was "just not the same type of coaches, people, or atmosphere at OSU..."

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 pm

I think Harris flips to UM from MSU.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think Harris flips to UM from MSU.

I'm getting that feeling too but I'm still not counting out O$U.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
... Very interesting about Berger going pre-med. I didn't know that before. I love this snippet from the write-up...

"...Berger plans on going the pre-med route in school so to me the decision is crystal clear..."

Berger should be Blue!...

Bad news....

I just read that Michigan does NOT have a pre-med program. I am shocked. At my alma mater (UC San Diego) if you wanted to be pre-med all you had to do was declare a major in any academic discipline.

O$U does have a pre-med program.

We may not have as good of a shot at him as I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:51 pm

WHAT?

Michigan must have a Pre-Med progrm. I swear I know someone that was in it 3 year ago.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/diversity/pfs.htm

and

http://www.umflint.edu/chemistry/Profession/premed.htm

BTW, UofM-DEARBORN does not have pre-med.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/diversity/pfs.htm

and

http://www.umflint.edu/chemistry/Profession/premed.htm

BTW, UofM-DEARBORN does not have pre-med.

Ok so UM essentially has a residential program condensed into 6 or 7 weeks in the summer after your sophomore and or junior/senior year.

This is confusing to me because when I was in school I gave serious thought to going to dental school. It was my understanding that the med schools really didn't place all that much of an emphasis on my major (meaning bio or chem mattered less than I thought it did). My counselor told me that the school (USCD) was looking for a high GPA and high MCAT scores to get into the med schools. I think she said that I had to take pre-med courses too (bio, chem, english, some math, physics etc) during my undergrad.

I decided to be a math major then switched to software engineering before it was over so I admittedly don't know much about pre-med. Sorry for any misinformation I have given.

If anyone else can shed some light I'd appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm

It's a complex answer but kinda/sorta/maybe/same thing...

https://umich.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/223/~/pre-med

Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:37 am

My girlfriend goes to medical school at Michigan and to get into medical school you don't need to even major in a science. All you need are the required classes and take the MCAT to get in. Many of her classmates were (a ton) of business**, history, math, english ect. majors that took the required classes as extras, took the MCAT and got in. I don't know of a school where you can major in pre-med to be honest with you and from my understanding Michigan is no different. I will ask my girlfriend tomorrow if any of her classmates that were Michigan undergrads were "pre-med" majors.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:07 am

From memory a lot of people said they were Pre-Med at Michigan when they got there at first but then everyone would slowly say that they changved their major. I have no idea really as I never was a Pre-Med guy...

I'll believe whatever 13 says, within reason of course.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am

yep, first off I want to apologize for all of the confusion I've caused. It's nice to get some answers though so while it may not be about football, I'm liking the thread and the responses.

I did very quick google search and when I typed in "does ohio state have a pre med major" this was the first thing to come up...

http://majors.osu.edu/

so while on the surface it looks like O$U does have a pre-med undergrad major, it really doesn't. O$U seems to be like every other school (UM included) and this explains it a little better:

http://majors.osu.edu/pdfview.aspx?id=133

The bottom line is Berger wants to do something with pre-med. He can do that at both UM and O$U. The only thing I see that may sway him to UM is that from the link 2nd posted below, ...University of Michigan graduates are admitted into medical schools at a significantly higher rate than the national average...

I tried to find the statistics for med school acceptance rates by college but couldn't find anything.

A couple of things I remember my counselor telling me when deciding on my major was that if I didn't get an A in organic chemistry (sophomore class but I took it as a junior) that I could forget about getting into a "premier" (as she called it) med school. I didn't get that A and later changed my major anyway. Also I was shown a list with med school acceptance percentages and I remember UCSD being like 40% but UM being 13% at the time (I think). Regardless the gap was crazy.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:56 am

Like I said, I've never even considered going into Medicine (it just dosn't intetrest me) but I have worked with several Med Students. Med School at Michigan is absolutely absurd, you have absolutely no life outside of Medical School. It's classes, symposiums, lectures, debates, research, residency, more research, etc. You seriously have no time for yourself, let alone time to sleep. Another important point to make is that basically everyone who goes to Med. School at Michigan is that they areeriously geniuses. I know that we are talking about undergrad here but this actually could help in getting Berger here. Of course that could scare him away too but I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 am

OSU has it? Must be less popular than their Pizza Delivery Program.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 am

I think this may be misunderstood in the same way that a major in general studies is. People equating flexible with easy or not rigorous, when in fact that is not the case.

One of my roommates had a general studies major and went into dental school. I can assure you he had a very difficult undergrad curriculum.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No commitments this weekend???   No commitments this weekend??? Empty

Back to top Go down

No commitments this weekend???
Page 1 of 1