Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey, 'Shoes---

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Hey, 'Shoes--- Empty
PostSubject: Hey, 'Shoes---   Hey, 'Shoes--- EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:34 am

Recalling your vote of confidence yesterday to my assertion that we need Nik Stauskas' presence, even if only as a threat,
on the outside---apparently someone far more hoops-knowledgeable than I agrees as well:

"In Nik's situation, we got a couple of dunks right down the middle yesterday because there was no help coming off Nik in a pick-and-roll," Beilein said Monday on the Big Ten coaches' teleconference. "They were following him as he went out, so it opened other things up."

Although Stauskas didn't register in the scoring column, his three rebounds helped the Wolverines finish with a 29-28 advantage, and his offensive presence provided a decoy.

The fear factor his outside shooting instills in opponents has benefits to us in other ways. But, of course, he's got to resume hitting those bombs for that fear factor to remain intact. Then again, he's only a freshman, with a freshman body that's logged many more minutes on the hardwood than anyone (himself included, probably) expected. With a little rest, a little aging and growing, and experience, I'm confident he'll rediscover his outside touch.

Y
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Hey, 'Shoes--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, 'Shoes---   Hey, 'Shoes--- EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am

Your wisdom is never questioned my friend.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

Hey, 'Shoes--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, 'Shoes---   Hey, 'Shoes--- EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:23 am

Not my wisdom, friend---coach B's!!!!

That's why he's in A-squared, out on the floor at practice right now (or shortly), and I'm sitting here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey, 'Shoes--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey, 'Shoes---   Hey, 'Shoes--- Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, 'Shoes---
Page 1 of 1