Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My top 5 recruiting list...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

My top 5 recruiting list... Empty
PostSubject: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Coach Hoke has come to Michigan and undoubtedly far surpassed my expectations in the recruiting department. He’s got momentum with his first two classes. Back to back top five classes is huge but the restrictions on the number of recruits UM can take this year is most likely going to drop UM out of the top five in the 2014 final rankings. Obviously Hoke can mitigate that drop by signing quality recruits in areas of need. I’m sure it’s the strategy that all teams talk about and clearly it’s easier said than done but I think UM has a shot at a top ranked class again provided we get the right kids. I have put together my top 5 list of remaining prospects in no particular order.

Look it over and please feel free to discuss….

NOTE: I would have put Speight in there but he’s already on-board

5* #1 DE Da'Shawn Hand - Not only is he probably going to be the #1 overall recruit but DE is an area we’re targeting so it makes Hand that much more of a necessity. Getting Hand on-board will make a statement that could pay off big down the road with other recruits. I thought about making this a Hand\McDowell combo but I’ll just leave it at Hand because I have great confidence that McDowell, who is a quality DE recruit in his own right, will be Blue.

4* #6 WR Drake Harris - He's going to be the #1 kid from Michigan and we need this kid for two reasons. 1) We need WRs. 2) We need to make the statement that the #1 kid in Michigan doesn't leave the state. Also, I think our only competition is going to be O$U. We can’t let Harris suit up for our most hated rival.

4* #3 CB Jabrill Peppers - We took 4 CBs in the last class but let’s face it, minus Jourdan Lewis, the talent level was somewhat sub-par considering what we could have had. I’m not saying the CBs won't pan out though so don’t hate on me just yet Very Happy . Despite getting deeper at the position two things concern me still. 1) We let Conley get away last year. He is going to be good and it sucks he went to O$U. 2) We’ve let a pipeline kid, Damon Webb, slip through our fingers and that alone hurts but letting him go to O$U hurts twice as much. Peppers is an admitted Michigan fan. I do see him eventually committing which is great but we still need to treat him as a priority because we can't afford to let another top corner slip through the cracks.

NR NR OLB Kyle Berger – Ferns was a great pick up for us but to land two of the top LBs from Ohio and couple them with the kids we’ve gotten the past two years would be GREAT. I don’t think I’m getting too far ahead of myself when I say that with the talent and coaching we already have and with the style of play that we want to get to, Michigan could be LineBacker U in the next couple of years. Berger could certainly be a kid to help us get there.

4* #5 OT Jamarco Jones – We’re going to target just as many OLine trench warriors again this year but we’ll probably only take four. Tommy Doles is going to be Blue and he’ll be a quality OG and good addition to the class but Jones could be the best OLineman we have a real shot at landing. I’m still holding out for Braden Smith but I really think he’s going to stay in Big12 country. I’ll be glad to have Jones though any day of the week.

Honorable Mentions…..
Elijah Hood – Our RB depth still isn’t as good as some other teams (Bama, O$U). Had we not gotten Green, Hood would have made my top five

Quinn Blanding – I think we have a legit shot at this kid but it’s a long way to go.

Marshon Lattimore – Lattimore and Harris in the same class would be HUGE for us considering our lack of quality WR commits from last year. (disclaimer... I think York is going to turn out to be pretty good)

Parker Westphal – I think we have a great shot at this kid. A commitment from him will help the sting of Webb to O$U.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Man I haven't even thought about 014 we already got 4 players . i think you should call Hoke and get on his recruiting staff.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Great stuff Sandy...I have looked somewhat at our possible recruits but I have no idea of their interest levels or what. Are there any recruits that are almost sure things to sign?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:11 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Man I haven't even thought about 014 we already got 4 players . i think you should call Hoke and get on his recruiting staff.

ha ha... My opinion above is probably not even in the same book, let alone on the same page, as the UM recruiting staff. Of course a UM staff position would be a dream job but hey... I'm already living the dream right? ha ha
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Great stuff Sandy...I have looked somewhat at our possible recruits but I have no idea of their interest levels or what. Are there any recruits that are almost sure things to sign?

well it's way too early but IMVHO I believe McDowell and Doles are going to be Blue. They are in state kids that have publicly said they love UM but if you would have asked me a month ago I would have had Webb on that list too.

I think Peppers is an out of state kid that our coaches probably have penciled in at this point.

If I had to make a call on our next commit it would be a 2015 kid (yep you read that right). In my opinion Tyrone Wheatley Jr. is a "lock". He's a legacy and we're his first (and only) offer. We'll probably take him as our TE next year. Not sure why he didn't commit the moment Hoke offered but then again I'm not really sure what goes through the mind of these kids.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I would love if they got Harris because he is a great receiver AND that would be a huge slap in Dantonio's face.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey eggo,

I know that maybe there are verbal agreements but I don't think you can officially make an offer or a kid can "commit" until the LOI day from the class before.

Wilton Speight (sp) committed on LOI day this year. I know the LB from Ohio "committed" before Wilton so I guess I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My top 5 recruiting list...   My top 5 recruiting list... Empty

Back to top Go down

My top 5 recruiting list...
Page 1 of 1