Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brady Hoke

Go down 
+5
sandyeggo_blue
Go_Blue
BetterThansparty
Admin
rasputin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rasputin

rasputin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 am

I remember back in January of last year following the hiring of Hoke the general mindset of the Michigan faithful. Some of us were mildly upset with the hire, for we were Harbaugh fanatics, some of use were neutral on the hire, choosing to take a wait-in-see approach, and some of use were happy with the hire, seeing something in Brady Hoke that just spoke the word "Michigan". Compare early 2011 with early 2012. What this man has done is nothing short of extraordinary. There is not a person out there that represents what Michigan is all about than Brady Hoke. And that, my friends, is why he is so successful when it comes to recruiting. He, unlike many coaches, is the spokesperson for the tradition and prestige of the program and the university, not the specifics of his football philosophy. I just know that Fielding H. Yost and Bo Schembechler are smiling down upon Hoke. Here's to all the good times that lie ahead with this man at the helm. GO BLUE!

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 am

rasputin wrote:
I remember back in January of last year following the hiring of Hoke the general mindset of the Michigan faithful. Some of us were mildly upset with the hire, for we were Harbaugh fanatics, some of use were neutral on the hire, choosing to take a wait-in-see approach, and some of use were happy with the hire, seeing something in Brady Hoke that just spoke the word "Michigan". Compare early 2011 with early 2012. What this man has done is nothing short of extraordinary. There is not a person out there that represents what Michigan is all about than Brady Hoke. And that, my friends, is why he is so successful when it comes to recruiting. He, unlike many coaches, is the spokesperson for the tradition and prestige of the program and the university, not the specifics of his football philosophy. I just know that Fielding H. Yost and Bo Schembechler are smiling down upon Hoke. Here's to all the good times that lie ahead with this man at the helm. GO BLUE!

Great post.

And I love the quote in your signature....who's that from? A Ufer classic?

rasputin

rasputin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: It's actually a verse from a Grantland Rice Poem.    Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 am

Admin wrote:
rasputin wrote:

Great post.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 am

rasputin wrote:
Admin wrote:
rasputin wrote:

Great post.

Nice. Tip my hat for that one.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:48 am

I admitt, I was less than thrilled with the prospects of Coach Hoke at the announcement of his hiring. I am however, very glad that I was wrong. Not just regular wrong either, I was sparty wrong.

I am man enough to admitt it, I was wrong.

Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I admitt, I was less than thrilled with the prospects of Coach Hoke at the announcement of his hiring. I am however, very glad that I was wrong. Not just regular wrong either, I was sparty wrong.

Go Blue!

I have to second that. When I heard we weren't getting JH or Miles, I was more than pissed off.

When I heard about Hoke, I was very 'mehhhh'.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 am

Admin wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Go Blue!

I have to second that. When I heard we weren't getting JH or Miles, I was more than pissed off.

Well, I never wanted Miles. Harbaugh on the other hand I wanted. It's amazing what that guy has done for the 49er's so quickly.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Admin wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Go Blue!

Well, I never wanted Miles. Harbaugh on the other hand I wanted. It's amazing what that guy has done for the 49er's so quickly.

I expected Miles, if he came, to be very much like Hoke (if not more so since he actually played in AA)....a huge traditionalist who could sell the idea of Michigan easily.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 am

I was one of the quiet ones. I decided to wait and see. I knew he had passion for UM football and that was huge for me. I was not, nor am I, a big fan of Rodriguez so i was happy that someone who was familiar with the traditions and history of UM was selected.

I would have loved to have JH, but I gave up on him well before the announcement. The pull of the pros and playing against his brother would be to much.

Miles: I worried that he was getting up there in age and I was also worried about him being corrupted by the SEC.

I am very happy with Hoke, but I still think this will be the year he has the most to prove. To date, he has been a great hire and I applaud Brandon for making it!

sandyeggo_blue

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 am

I admit that I was really apprehensive when UM hired Hoke. He definitely was not in my top three. After watching him hit the ground running during recruiting season last year, then watching him have instant success on the field and now seeing what happened this last weekend I am in full on man crush mode for Hoke. I've never so happy to be as wrong as I was a year ago.

I read 3 and out within the week that it came out and it brought a lot to light about Harbaugh, Miles, Hoke, etc. In hindsight I realize that Hoke wasn't the flashiest choice but I learned a lot about how important it is for a guy like Brandon to really take his time do your homework and hit that home run. It amazes me how much Brandon asked around about Hoke. He relied a lot on former player and coaches testimonials. I'm not sure TSIO did the right thing. I think they jumped on the flashiest guy they could to appease the fans in the wake of the scandal and their terrible season. No doubt Urban has the resume but all that glitters isn't gold. I guess we'll know next November.

BetterThansparty

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:40 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm not sure TSIO did the right thing. I think they jumped on the flashiest guy they could to appease the fans in the wake of the scandal and their terrible season. No doubt Urban has the resume but all that glitters isn't gold. I guess we'll know next November.

Well, ohio isn't exactly known for their intelligence...

It is an elite truck-driver school.

Cool

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:30 am

As been said many times before. a football Saturday football crowd at the Ohio Stadium consists of 20,000 students and 70,000 truck drivers. (This may be an insult to truck drivers).

When Brandon hired Hoke, I had been on the Harbaugh bandwagon and was somewhat disappointed. But Jim's heart was in the pros and his opportunity soon arrived. Les Miles, I have been told (by the proverbial anonymous unimpeachable sources) that he had some personal baggage from his days as an assistant at UM. He has done some good and successful things at Oklahoma State and LSU, but those conferences have much different standards than the B1G and he would have brought a very brash style to UM.

Thankfully Brandon knew what he was doing and it appears Michigan is in good hands! The TEAM concept over individual egos!!

1umgoblue85

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Add me to that list....   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:07 am

I just wasn't thrilled with the hire. I thought we needed to get the big name after the RR debacle. Wow, I am more than pleasantly surprised.

fishgoblue22

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I have to admit hat I was on the Brady train when Lloyd announced his retirement. I wanted Hike then, but was thrilled with RR. When RR was fired, I was back on the Brady train.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm not sure TSIO did the right thing. I think they jumped on the flashiest guy they could to appease the fans in the wake of the scandal and their terrible season. No doubt Urban has the resume but all that glitters isn't gold. I guess we'll know next November.

Well, ohio isn't exactly known for their intelligence...

It is an elite truck-driver school.

Cool

Careful now there have been some incredible football minds that have come from Ohio. Our beloved Bo being one of them and some guy named Hoke. I would be curious to see if any other state can come close to Ohio in terms of coaches:

No longer living:
Paul Brown (Browns/Bengals, from Massillon)
Woody Hayes (tOSU)
Randy Walker (Miami, Northwestern)
John Heisman
Bo Schembechler (UM, from Barberton)

Retired:
Don Shula (Dolphins HC)
Chuck Noll (Steelers, from Cleveland)
Ara Parseghian (ND HC, from Akron)
Don Nehlen (BG, WVU, from Mansfield)
Gerry Faust (ND/Akron HC, from Dayton)
Lou Holtz (ND, from East Liverpool)
Don James (Can't/Washington HC, from Massillon)

Actively coaching:
Gary Pinkel (Missouri HC)
Bob Stoops (Oklahoma HC)
Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC, from Youngstown)
Jim Heacock (tOSU DC)
Jon Heacock (Can't State DC)
Dom Capers (Packers DC, from Cambridge)
Les Miles (LSU HC, from Elyria)
Jim Harbaugh (49ers, from Toledo)
John Harbaugh (Ravens HC, from Toledo)
John Mackovic (Wake/Illinois/Texas/Arizona/U.S. National Team HC, from Barberton)
Josh McDaniels (Broncos HC, Rams OC, from Canton)
Brady Hoke (UM, from Dayton)
Jerry Glanville (Oilers/Hartford Colonials HC)
Tom O'Brien (BC/NC State HC, from Cincinnati)
Luke Fickell (tOSU HC, from Columbus)
Ron Zook (Illinois HC, from Loudonville)

Not actively coaching:
Jim Tressel (YSU/tOSU HC)
Urban Meyer (UF)
Glen Mason (Can't/Kansas/Minnesota)
Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay HC)
Joe Tiller (Wyoming/Purdue HC, from Toledo)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Careful now there have been some incredible football minds that have come from Ohio. Our beloved Bo being one of them and some guy named Hoke. I would be curious to see if any other state can come close to Ohio in terms of coaches:

No longer living:
Paul Brown (Browns/Bengals, from Massillon)
Woody Hayes (tOSU)
Randy Walker (Miami, Northwestern)
John Heisman
Bo Schembechler (UM, from Barberton)

Retired:
Don Shula (Dolphins HC)
Chuck Noll (Steelers, from Cleveland)
Ara Parseghian (ND HC, from Akron)
Don Nehlen (BG, WVU, from Mansfield)
Gerry Faust (ND/Akron HC, from Dayton)
Lou Holtz (ND, from East Liverpool)
Don James (Can't/Washington HC, from Massillon)

Actively coaching:
Gary Pinkel (Missouri HC)
Bob Stoops (Oklahoma HC)
Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC, from Youngstown)
Jim Heacock (tOSU DC)
Jon Heacock (Can't State DC)
Dom Capers (Packers DC, from Cambridge)
Les Miles (LSU HC, from Elyria)
Jim Harbaugh (49ers, from Toledo)
John Harbaugh (Ravens HC, from Toledo)
John Mackovic (Wake/Illinois/Texas/Arizona/U.S. National Team HC, from Barberton)
Josh McDaniels (Broncos HC, Rams OC, from Canton)
Brady Hoke (UM, from Dayton)
Jerry Glanville (Oilers/Hartford Colonials HC)
Tom O'Brien (BC/NC State HC, from Cincinnati)
Luke Fickell (tOSU HC, from Columbus)
Ron Zook (Illinois HC, from Loudonville)

Not actively coaching:
Jim Tressel (YSU/tOSU HC)
Urban Meyer (UF)
Glen Mason (Can't/Kansas/Minnesota)
Jon Gruden (Tampa Bay HC)
Joe Tiller (Wyoming/Purdue HC, from Toledo)

But most of those people have been reformed when they left ohio. Those that didn't (Woody, sweater-vest, et. al) were very wrong. Woody hit a player, sweater-vest tattoo'd a bunch...

See, those who leave ohio will be champions...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:26 am

Urban Meyer is actively coaching.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

But most of those people have been reformed when they left ohio. Those that didn't (Woody, sweater-vest, et. al) were very wrong. Woody hit a player, sweater-vest tattoo'd a bunch...

cheers Might be the post of the day. Stay tuned......

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Don't tell anyone but I stole that list.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 am

WillieMfan wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Where's my trophy...?

WillieMfan wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Technically, urban crier isn't still coaching. He retired, although he has since came back but he is not supposed to be actually coaching until Spring ball...

But it is ohio so he probably is cheating and coaching now. Laughing

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Where's my trophy...?

WillieMfan wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Technically, urban crier isn't still coaching. He retired, although he has since came back but he is not supposed to be actually coaching until Spring ball...

But it is ohio so he probably is cheating and coaching now. Laughing

Technically he is actively coaching. He is the head coach of the OSU football team and all that entails. Coaching isn't just what goes on during practice and games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brady Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brady Hoke   Brady Hoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady Hoke
Page 1 of 1