Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games

Go down 
+3
joe
fishgoblue22
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games Empty
PostSubject: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

I know most of you are probably Red Wings fans, but I can't help but come on here and gloat a bit about what the Blackhawks are doing.

I was there again last night for the madness.

The place was tense like it was Game 7 of The Cup for most of the way. I was afraid that the time had finally come.

Then Toews scores on a shorty and Dan Carcillo, of all people, nets the gamewinner with less than a minute left in the game.

The top of the United Center damn near blew off. The place went bonkers.

I've been fortunate enough to be at three home games so far this year. A 4-1 beatdown of the Sharks, the OT winner over Columbus last Friday night, then last night's heart stopper.

Obviously none of it really matters unless the Hawks win the Cup, but this streak is truly something special and I'm just thrilled that I've been able to be a part of it (as a fan, of course).
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Wings are in a transition period. Blackhawks are blowing their wad now and will lose in the playoffs.

IMO the Wings were screwed by the refs with two late penelties that helped the hawks. Two bad calls. I hate the blackhawks and penguens equally.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Haha, fair enough.

The second call may have been questionable, but that first call definitely went over the boards in the defensive zone. Can't blame the refs on that, gotta blame the dumb-dumb defenseman who threw it over the boards.

Did we get lucky that game? Absolutely. But it's almost impossible to go on a streak like this without having some luck along the way.

I don't hate the Wings. I really have nothing but respect for that classy organization. I love the rivalry, and it certainly is heated, but my 'dislike' for the Wings is only for that reason.

And will be sad to see that rivalry tossed to the side when realignment takes place.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 pm

As for PIT, I'm with you, Fish.

To Hell with that squad.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

You mean "slidey puck"???

lol

I like the Hawks but never get to see pro hockey. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

1. NHL hockey is very good. Love the game.

2. Wings and Hawks should both be in the East, but if they Hawks aren't coming with us, maybe the rivalry can get ramped up on a Stanley Cup Finals series.

3. I guess I really don't hate the Hawks, but I really do HATE the Penguens and I really do not like Cindy Crosby.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:23 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

...2. Wings and Hawks should both be in the East, but if they Hawks aren't coming with us, maybe the rivalry can get ramped up on a Stanley Cup Finals series...

yep splitting them up is BS.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey Admin, the steak that the 'hawks really isn't as impressive as it sounds. Let me explain, you get a full win if you win in OT or the shoot-out, you get a tie even if you actually lose in OT or the shoot-out. It's BS to me, not your fault though. I'm "kind of" in favor of the shoot-out, but the point-system that the NHL uses is wrong. I hate saying that the NHL should adopt something from a now defunct college league but I think that the CCHA got it right. 3 points for a regulation or OT win, 2 points for a shoot-out win with the loser of the shoot-out getting one point. I'm not in favor of the NHL potentially giving 2 points to an OT winner or a shoot-out winner AND still giving 1 point to the OT loser or shoot-out loser.

Anyway, your precious Blackhawks could be 0-0-24 and still have set the record. It just doesn't make sense. As you know I love hockey but they really screwed this up adding the shoot-out and screwing up the point system in an effort to get people from South Carolina to start watching hockey. They don't care now and they never will, why try to sell something to a group of people who do not want it.

Oh, and stop sctreming during the National anthem. That is so low-brow, it's like you hate this country or something. Treason, pure and simple it's a form of treason.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Hey Admin, the steak that the 'hawks really isn't as impressive as it sounds. Let me explain, you get a full win if you win in OT or the shoot-out, you get a tie even if you actually lose in OT or the shoot-out. It's BS to me, not your fault though. I'm "kind of" in favor of the shoot-out, but the point-system that the NHL uses is wrong. I hate saying that the NHL should adopt something from a now defunct college league but I think that the CCHA got it right. 3 points for a regulation or OT win, 2 points for a shoot-out win with the loser of the shoot-out getting one point. I'm not in favor of the NHL potentially giving 2 points to an OT winner or a shoot-out winner AND still giving 1 point to the OT loser or shoot-out loser.

Anyway, your precious Blackhawks could be 0-0-24 and still have set the record. It just doesn't make sense. As you know I love hockey but they really screwed this up adding the shoot-out and screwing up the point system in an effort to get people from South Carolina to start watching hockey. They don't care now and they never will, why try to sell something to a group of people who do not want it.

Oh, and stop sctreming during the National anthem. That is so low-brow, it's like you hate this country or something. Treason, pure and simple it's a form of treason.

Personally, I think when they did away with ties, they should have done away with the point system. No need for it. You either win or you lose. I understand that prior to the shootout era, you got 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie. With so many ties, you needed a way to determine rankings. Now that ties are eliminated, I would say they should go on straight win loss record.

Kind of like last year when the Red Wings had the home ice winning streak. Well, it looks impressive until you factor in that teams in the past had their streak ended with tie, which can't happen anymore. When there were ties, you didn't get a point by just getting into overtime, you had to either win or tie to get a point. So the blackhawks streak would still be in tact because they would have tied three games that they lost in a shoot out this year.

I'm 100% with you on the National Anthem. It disgusts me when I see that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 pm

On the topic of the National Anthem: it's the exact opposite of what you're claiming it is (treason).

We hoop and holler throughout the entire song because, well, why the hell not? Why are you only allowed to celebrate the 'greatest' song in the world at the very end? That is the definition of a 'social norm', and you have been captured by it.

What if the social norm was to cheer throughout, but the Hawks did the opposite and only cheered/clapped at the end?

What I would expect an intelligent Michigan graduate to understand is society and how it functions based on norms and practices that were put into place many many many decades ago, but also realize that just because that's the norm or practice doesn't exactly make it the 'right way'.

Anyway, enough about that. You'll never come around on that topic, either of you, and that's fine with me. It is what it is and we do what we do.

As for the streak, to try and deflate it as anything less than absolutely amazing is....a joke.

Sure, if it was 0-0-24 it wouldn't mean nearly as much. You should be able to simply acknowledge the unbelievable feat that they have been able to accomplish. 24 games and they're 21-0-3. Not to mention, all three of those L's came in shootouts. They haven't even lost in the OT period.

Oh well. Again, it is what it is. We may never agree on these topics in general, but I'd say bias is playing into that (on both ends).

Go Hawks! Smile

And as always, and more importantly, and which brings us ALL TOGETHER here, GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:40 pm

As far as the points system goes, that's a tough one for the NHL.

I understand why they made the change: they had to create some excitement around the game.

I do also like the idea of being on the road in a hostile stadium and being able to steal at least a point.

I hate the shootouts. HATE them. And that's not just because we haven't done too well in them. I just think it's a shit way to declare a winner.

But you can't have these guys play OT until someone scores. That could go all night....and this isn't baseball.

Very tough thing for the NHL, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 pm

I actually heard some radio guy here in Detroit come up with a decenbt alternative. Model it after college football's OT. Give each team 2:00 to score as many goals as they can during that 2:00, but here's the catch. Make it a 2:00 5-on-3. That would make it exciting, and IMO a way to actually settle the game in a fashion more akin that breakaway shots.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:09 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I actually heard some radio guy here in Detroit come up with a decenbt alternative. Model it after college football's OT. Give each team 2:00 to score as many goals as they can during that 2:00, but here's the catch. Make it a 2:00 5-on-3. That would make it exciting, and IMO a way to actually settle the game in a fashion more akin that breakaway shots.

I would pay to see that.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Admin wrote:
On the topic of the National Anthem: it's the exact opposite of what you're claiming it is (treason).

We hoop and holler throughout the entire song because, well, why the hell not? Why are you only allowed to celebrate the 'greatest' song in the world at the very end? That is the definition of a 'social norm', and you have been captured by it.

What if the social norm was to cheer throughout, but the Hawks did the opposite and only cheered/clapped at the end?

What I would expect an intelligent Michigan graduate to understand is society and how it functions based on norms and practices that were put into place many many many decades ago, but also realize that just because that's the norm or practice doesn't exactly make it the 'right way'.

Anyway, enough about that. You'll never come around on that topic, either of you, and that's fine with me. It is what it is and we do what we do.

Nope, ,it is completely disrespectful to those who have given their lives to defend the greatest country on Earth. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Nope, ,it is completely disrespectful to those who have given their lives to defend the greatest country on Earth. IMHO.

Hey, I think that this is the 2nd time that 'fish and I have agreed on something non-Michigan. This is a fabulous day!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 pm

It is disrespectful, but it sure as hell isn't treason.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 am

Is anyone else tired of Lebron James? I click on the NHL tab on Foxsports.com, and he is taking over that area too.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

And for that, we thank him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 pm

foxsports, related to faux news....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
foxsports, related to faux news....

I hope it is, then you will see some real stories.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:11 pm

LOL, you just can't leave it be that you and I agreed on something can you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games   OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Blackhawks push streak to 24 games
Page 1 of 1