Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'

Go down 
+3
WolverineHistorian
Admin
WillieMfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   Empty
PostSubject: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 pm

The story is one thing but if you can stare at the picture of his smug face on this article and not punch your computer screen I would very surprised. I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!! See if you can last more than 3 seconds. Twisted Evil

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0202/204180401#ixzz1sQGznarZ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 pm

I'd be thrown in jail for even typing the excruciatingly painful things I want to do to that guys face. But, one thought involves a semi moving at 40 mph, and the other involves a blowtorch.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:19 pm

He's a major jackass. No doubt about that. While it's true that every time he opens his mouth, I want to punch him, it's also kind of nice having a Sparty coach to hate THIS much. Look at their previous coaches:

John L. Smith: Complete nutjob that would smack himself at press conferences. There wasn't anything to really hate about him. You just pointed and laughed because he was so weird.

Bobby Williams: Always walked around like a deer caught in headlights.

Nick Saban: We didn't know back then the toolbag he would eventually become. Never hated him during his MSU days.

George Perles: His green and white talk did get nauseating but he wasn't a jerk. And he was best friends with our own Bo Schembechler. He gave a touching speech about Bo at his funeral too.

None of these guys have anything on Dantonio. He thrives on being a jerk. I can't stand him but his persona is good for the rivalry, which was always overshadowed by our rivalries with Ohio State and Notre Dame. I've got that date circled when Sparty comes to the big house this Fall. I don't want just a win, I want a blowout Schembechler style.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:54 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
The story is one thing but if you can stare at the picture of his smug face on this article and not punch your computer screen I would very surprised. I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!! See if you can last more than 3 seconds. Twisted Evil

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0202/204180401#ixzz1sQGznarZ

That's not a fair bet to make with me...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm

All I can say is that moron had best be prepared to (at least try to) WALK THE WALK.

He's sure as hell already done the first clause...

I'm confident of a U-M victory (less confident about a blowout, though, WH, given the defense
they return) at the 'House this October. They were exposed in their two toughest road games
last season, and lost on a neutral field. Now they get an angry, hungry, focused U-M team sans
their QB of the last four years and top receiver of the last two.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm

WH---addendum to your typically well-researched listing (and someone is going to punch you in the face if you attribute your having missed it to our, ahem, age difference!!!)

Duffy Daugherty. Legendary. His final three years were my first three (1970-72 seasons) at U-M, and all three were relatively convincing U-M victories...save for the 1972 game, when we didn't wrap up the 10-0 victory till Gil Chapman raced 58 yards on a scoring sweep in the last two minutes...right into yours truly's lap, as I've mentioned a dozen times while inquiring into your film research. But I don't know much about his all-time record (he did win one national title, I think), or record vs. U-M. I do know that, in 1970, we were coming off not only that implausible 24-12 over OSU, but also, same '69 campaign, off a 23-12 embarassment at E.L.

(We got 34-20 revenge, though...launching us on our way to a 9-1 decade of the Seventies with them)
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:54 pm

michmike wrote:
WH---addendum to your typically well-researched listing (and someone is going to punch you in the face if you attribute your having missed it to our, ahem, age difference!!!)

Duffy Daugherty. Legendary. His final three years were my first three (1970-72 seasons) at U-M, and all three were relatively convincing U-M victories...save for the 1972 game, when we didn't wrap up the 10-0 victory till Gil Chapman raced 58 yards on a scoring sweep in the last two minutes...right into yours truly's lap, as I've mentioned a dozen times while inquiring into your film research. But I don't know much about his all-time record (he did win one national title, I think), or record vs. U-M. I do know that, in 1970, we were coming off not only that implausible 24-12 over OSU, but also, same '69 campaign, off a 23-12 embarassment at E.L.

(We got 34-20 revenge, though...launching us on our way to a 9-1 decade of the Seventies with them)

I looked up Duffy's record against us (1954-1972) and it's 10 wins, 7 losses and 2 ties. Not a bad showing on our part considering the late 50's/early 60's was the lowest point in Michigan football history...until RichRod came along of course.

By the way, I thought you might be interested in knowing that I found some coaches film (in color) of that 34-20 game from 1970, your freshman year. I give the picture quality a C+ but it's better than nothing. I'll upload it very soon.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:

John L. Smith: Complete nutjob that would smack himself at press conferences. There wasn't anything to really hate about him. You just pointed and laughed because he was so weird.

God I miss him.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

God I miss him.

He was a hoot, wasn't he? Remember his meltdown against Ohio State? "The players are playing their hearts out and THE COACHES ARE SCREWING THINGS UP!!!!" My dad and I were on our way to Ann Arbor for the Michigan/Penn State game (Henne to Manningham on the final play) we had just turned on to State Street when Smith's meltdown was being played over the radio. It sounded so funny, I couldn't wait to get home that night and watch it on ESPN.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 am

dumbtonio has his own set of flaws, most noticeably that he likes to argue and insult 20 year-old college kids.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am

Hey Groucho Mark, without even mentioning Denard, Fitz, Jake, Craig and company, here is the threat:

Brady Hoke
Greg Mattison
Al Borges
Brennen Beyer
Chris Bryant
Frank Clark
Blake Countess
Justice Hayes
Delonte Hollowell
Desmond Morgan
Thomas Rawls
Raymon Taylor
Matt Wile
Blake Bars
Joe Bolden
Ben Braden
Jehu Chesson
Jeremy Clark
Amara Darboh
Devin Funchess
Allen Gant
Matthew Godin
Willie Henry
Royce Jenkins-Stone
Drake Johnson
Kyle Kalis
Erik Magnuson
Dennis Norfleet
Mario Ojemudia
Ondre Pipkins
Terry Richardson
Kaleb Ringer
James Ross
Tom Strobel
A.J. Williams
Jarrod Wilson
Christopher Wormley
Kyle Bosch
Jake Butt
Taco Charlton
Gareon Conley
David Dawson
Jaron Dukes
Chris Fox
Ben Gedeon
Khalid Hill
Patrick Kugler
Jourdan Lewis
Mike McCray
Shane Morris
Wyatt Shallman
Deveon Smith
Dymonte Thomas
Logan Tuley-Tillman

Enough said ...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 am

nice

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 pm

He was a hoot, wasn't he? Remember his meltdown against Ohio State? "The players are playing their hearts out and THE COACHES ARE SCREWING THINGS UP!!!!" My dad and I were on our way to Ann Arbor for the Michigan/Penn State game (Henne to Manningham on the final play) we had just turned on to State Street when Smith's meltdown was being played over the radio. It sounded so funny, I couldn't wait to get home that night and watch it on ESPN.

He certainly was. I almost posted that OSU clip with my post yesterday but I refrained.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:20 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

He certainly was. I almost posted that OSU clip with my post yesterday but I refrained.

That's alright. I'm happy not to refrain.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Priceless

PostSubject: Re: Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'    Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'   Empty

Back to top Go down

Dantonio: MSU has win streak over U-M, 'so where's the threat?'
Page 1 of 1