Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

This team Empty
PostSubject: This team   This team EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:24 pm

I guess it about says it all that this forum has been nearly empty with a week to go until the big dance. Expectations peaked in January and have slowly disappeared almost completely since then. It seems that relying on too many freshman and overplaying Burke may have finally caught up to them. Team defense and rebounding have disappeared for large stretches. I think the three main freshman in particular are really struggling with the concept of team defense. They seem to turn it around at times but then come crashing back down to earth with a thud.

At this point, I think a lot of people will be surprised if we make the sweet sixteen, but in the last couple of hours I've managed to find a few silver linings (maybe wishful thinking):

Having six days between games may help a team that I believe is tired, both physically and mentally.

Getting out of the Big Ten may also play in this team's favor.

They still have a chance of playing their first two games very close to home. I'll be very interested to see what happens Sunday. Will also be rooting against competing teams the rest of the weekend.

At this point, I'll admit there's more than a little hoping in all this, because losing in the first or second round would be a monumental disappointment after the way this season started.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm

jjabilene wrote:
....Getting out of the Big Ten may also play in this team's favor...

+1

I still think we're an elite 8 team and dare I say a final four team. I guess it's going to depend on the bracket and the matchups.

sandyeggo_blue

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 pm

and for the record I put a lot of blame for this loss on those hideous uniforms. Very Happy

having maryland bring their uniform circus to this conference is really going to piss me off Very Happy

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:38 am

Yes good points. A break from the B1G will be great. Normally I think it's more beneficial to finish strong in the conference tourney to prep the psyche for the big dance, but not necessarily in our situation. I think we need the rest, both mentally and physically.

The streaky performances of team D with the freshmen is to be expected, and the fact that they can play team D says with more experience good things will come. I'm not giving up on the long term future of this program. Losing Burke will be huge, but it won't be as bad as everyone thinks.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:58 am

Totally agree on the bullshit uniforms, both yesterday and all season. This is Michigan, fer God's sake!
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

+1

I still think we're an elite 8 team and dare I say a final four team. I guess it's going to depend on the bracket and the matchups.

I'm having a hard time seeing this. Even with all my wishful thinking, this is still a bad defensive and rebounding team. Maybe if the matchups are just right, Elite Eight is possible. I just can't imagine a Final Four for this team. I think they're 50/50 to make the Sweet Sixteen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:23 pm

A very, very frustrating team.

I was hopeful of UofM and Indiana to both make it to the FF.

At the point, I think IU is the only team with a chance.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
....Getting out of the Big Ten may also play in this team's favor...

+1

BUMP JJ!

BUMP ME!

This team Empty
PostSubject: Re: This team   This team Empty

Back to top Go down

This team
Page 1 of 1