Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First we have to beat Florida...

Go down 
+3
jjabilene
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

First we have to beat Florida... Empty
PostSubject: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:25 am

...but who would we rather play, Syracuse or Marquette?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 am

Marquette. That Syracuse zone is hard to figure out on short notice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:11 am

Ummm, according to the ESPN tournament bracket we play the Duke/Louisville winner first if we beat Florida. Or, am I reading that thing wrong?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:46 am

BillMFan wrote:
Ummm, according to the ESPN tournament bracket we play the Duke/Louisville winner first if we beat Florida. Or, am I reading that thing wrong?

You are right. I got UM beating Duke in my bracket. I had UM beating IU in the championship game. I guess I'd like to see UM beat OSU in the title game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 am

May very well happen, Fish. I think O$U has the easier route to the championship game. I hate that we have to play either Duke or Louisville first, cause I think Louisville (especially) is gonna be the hardest to beat IMO.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 am

Well, you guys have certainly confused me. The ESPN site certainly makes it look like the South winner plays the Midwest winner. Also, the fact that they both play on Sunday would suggest that. On the flip side, several of the brackets in my pool have a Midwest/South final game and I googled some experts brackets and a few of them also have a Midwest/South final. Also, all the printable brackets sure make it look like the FF is Midwest/West and South/East matchups. Anybody got a definitive answer?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:17 am

Wikipedia says Midwest/West plays and South/East play, in other words we play Syracuse/Marquette winner if we win. I'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 am

South plays East and Midwest plays West
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Michigan plays SU or MQT.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Michigan plays SU or MQT.

Yep, ESPN was wrong. Looks like 'Cuse is the team.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Nah, I think that you read it wrong. Everything I have seen (but I don't pay that close attention to "basketball" has said that South plays East in the National Semi-finals.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Nah, I think that you read it wrong. Everything I have seen (but I don't pay that close attention to "basketball" has said that South plays East in the National Semi-finals.

Probably. I'm not that šharp.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Ah give yourself some credit. Granted, we frequently disagree but at least you're not a sparty fan. You've got that goin' for ya!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Well, I guess I'm not to sharp either then, Fish, because that ESPN bracket (before Syr & WSU won) clearly shows South playing Midwest & East playing West, I don't care what anyone says!
Oh well, today we have to take care of Florida!

Does anyone else besides me think that we may have just beaten the best team in the tourney? I certainly feel like they are one of the top two, anyway.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 am

BillMFan wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Well, I guess I'm not to sharp either then, Fish, because that ESPN bracket (before Syr & WSU won) clearly shows South playing Midwest & East playing West, I don't care what anyone says!
Oh well, today we have to take care of Florida!

Does anyone else besides me think that we may have just beaten the best team in the tourney? I certainly feel like they are one of the top two, anyway.

GO BLUE!

Well to be quite honest I have pretty much thought the exact opposite all year. I've thought Kansas had been a bit overrated or at least overhyped this year.

I think our regular season team matches up with Florida really well and the numbers show it.

UM Scoring Per Game: 75.2
FLA Scoring Per Game: 71.9

UM Rebounds Per Game: 35.1
FLA Rebounds Per Game: 35.1

UM Assists Per Game: 14.3
FLA Assists Per Game: 15

UM Field Goal Percentage: 4.84
FLA Field Goal Percentage: 4.84

Noticed how I said regular season team above. We are not playing like we were in the regular season, we are playing better. Mitch McGary's play during this tournament has lifted Michigan to an entirely different level of play.

Another thing to note is that Michigan averaged those numbers above while playing in a tough B1G conference. Florida averaged their numbers by playing in a really weak SEC.

I know this is starting to sound a bit cliche but I think McGary's play really is the difference maker at this point. Florida wont be able to handle him. I am expecting a UM win today.

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:35 am

Gee, thanks Sandy! You just shot my confidence in that win all to hell!! lol, j/k.

Agree with your assessment of Mitch....I too think he has contributed the most to our recent success in the tourney.

I think Fla is NOT going to be an easy win for us, like some on the other board are sayin. They did beat Wisconsin by 18.....and, you know how we fared against the Badgers this year (twice). Ugh.

I also think GRIII has helped with our success recently. Hope these guys keep up their intensity today & forward.

I too thought the BT was a superior BB conference, but, after the exits of our fellow conference teams, I now am having my doubts about that. Just sayin.....

Anyway, here's to hoping for a good win today & forward! Living here near Atlanta I REALLY, REALLY want to go see our team play & WIN! I am so lookin forward to that.

GO BLUE FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:57 pm

BillMFan wrote:
Gee, thanks Sandy! You just shot my confidence in that win all to hell!! lol, j/k.

Agree with your assessment of Mitch....I too think he has contributed the most to our recent success in the tourney.

I think Fla is NOT going to be an easy win for us, like some on the other board are sayin. They did beat Wisconsin by 18.....and, you know how we fared against the Badgers this year (twice). Ugh.

I also think GRIII has helped with our success recently. Hope these guys keep up their intensity today & forward.

I too thought the BT was a superior BB conference, but, after the exits of our fellow conference teams, I now am having my doubts about that. Just sayin.....

Anyway, here's to hoping for a good win today & forward! Living here near Atlanta I REALLY, REALLY want to go see our team play & WIN! I am so lookin forward to that.

GO BLUE FOREVER!

Yep Bill there is no doubt you bring up some very interesting points....

1. Florida blew out UW and Marquette earlier this year so there is that to think about.

2. I'm afraid GRIII may get picked on today. He'll have to guard Young (6'9" 250lbs and shoots 58% from the field) or Murphy (6'10" 240lbs and shoots 53% from the field). Either way he's going to have a tall task ahead of him.

3. On the flip side, Florida will be grossly undersized against Hardaway and Stauskas. Prather is the only guy that can guard them and I bet he and Trey go at all game. So as long as at least one of them gets hot today we have a really good shot at winning this. If both of them get hot, McGary gives us 15 and Burke is just Burke, we win going away.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:22 pm

Who gives a damn about tennis? Where's my pregame?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First we have to beat Florida...   First we have to beat Florida... Empty

Back to top Go down

First we have to beat Florida...
Page 1 of 1