Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 am

Pretty sure I almost had my period when this shot went in.

Trey Trey10

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:06 am

Well, sure beats your instead having to report to us that you're knocked-up...eh?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Nice pick by Mitchie.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 pm

dwoody wrote:
Nice pick by Mitchie.

Yes, it sure was. And that was our boy Elijah Johnson sprawling next to him, making it sweeter still.

And Mitch didn't even bring him to the floor with a fist you-know-where...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:10 pm

When Trey made that shot, the bar I was at just exploded. It was like being at the game.
My bro is working in Texas and just texted me a pix of his ticket to the game, the dog!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 pm

michmike wrote:
Well, sure beats your instead having to report to us that you're knocked-up...eh?

Yeah it's funny because I was in such total shock at that point I didn't know what to think or how to react let alone what to say about it.

5 minutes earlier (1:50 playing time) I had pretty much succeeded the game or at least the thought of having a chance to win. I was not answering texts anymore (and trust me they were coming in waves from my non UM friends).

But then the comeback started and after Johnson's 10 second violation my heart started beating a bit faster. My brain was sending signals to the rest of my body that this might be possible. My muscles were tightening, my breathing was getting heavy and I could feel the sweat on my forehead.

A few seconds later during that possession, as Michigan was moving the ball down the court I had somehow come to position myself to be standing five feet directly in front of the TV. I was pretty much oblivious to everyone and everything around me. Even though I could see my wife in the room standing a few feet away and I could hear the texts coming him on my phone, I filtered every other thing out and I was dialed into the game. It was almost like I was alone on the space station.

Then when I saw the pick by McGary and Trey elevate from 30 feet I went numb. For those next three seconds I couldn't move. Like one of those street performers that doesn't move a muscle. I wasn't breathing or even blinking. I was as close to a living stiff as you could get.

When that shot went in I let out the biggest exhale and literally fell to my knees with my hands grabbing my hair as if we just gave up the game. I'm still not sure why that was my reaction as opposed to jumping up and down.

My wife must have been puzzled by my reaction because UM had just tied it up and she asked me, "What's wrong. He made it. Are you ok?" I turned around and looked her dead in the eyes and said, "oh my god I think I just had my period." She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.

So that is the story behind that.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

For the record, from this point forward, I am hereby dubbing that shot as "The 3"

I have only been watching UM basketball for the past 15 years or so but I can't think of a single three pointer that's been made that has been of bigger significance. I'm sure guys like Fish, JOE or Historian may be able to recall one but for me, I can't.

"The 3"

Trey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trey   Trey Empty

Back to top Go down

Trey
Page 1 of 1