Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morgan was huge tonight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Morgan was huge tonight Empty
PostSubject: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Loved seeing him hit the last dunk.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 am

It was certainly fitting

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 am

Yes, but that crowd-screech-evoking dunk had nothing (in terms of importance) to the charge he took on Triche. "He's our best charge-taker," Coach B noted. (Um, Sir John, you've never met my daughter---since she got a VISA card, that is). Seriously, I was so glad to see big Jordan play a pivotal role...great team attitude.

FOr me, the second-most gratifying part of the game (second to our win, naturally), was trash-talker Michael C-W failing to walk the walk (2 pts, foul out) after so virulently talking the talk.

Yeah, kind sir, you shut Trey down pretty well. Only one problem: we have other guys on our roster...any four of whom can be on the court at the same time as Trey.

One last shot, goofy and paradoxical as it may at first sound, friends---I was glad to see Mighty Mitch miss all three of those FT attempts (the third facilitated by an Orange lane-violation): his FT shooting% may convince enough of the Marty Blakes of the world to in turn convince him (MM) to stand by his earlier statement and play for Michigan next year...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:06 am

michmike wrote:
...FOr me, the second-most gratifying part of the game (second to our win, naturally), was trash-talker Michael C-W failing to walk the walk (2 pts, foul out) after so virulently talking the talk

Yeah, kind sir, you shut Trey down pretty well. Only one problem: we have other guys on our roster...any four of whom can be on the court at the same time as Trey...
+2

michmike wrote:
...One last shot, goofy and paradoxical as it may at first sound, friends---I was glad to see Mighty Mitch miss all three of those FT attempts (the third facilitated by an Orange lane-violation): his FT shooting% may convince enough of the Marty Blakes of the world to in turn convince him (MM) to stand by his earlier statement and play for Michigan next year...

Mitch WILL be back next year. I'm really starting to worry about GR3 though.

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am

GR3 should come back. He is weak(physically) and I am not knocking the kid, he is going to be good. I completely disagree with any analyst that thinks he will be a first round draft pick. If he does go I wish him well.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
GR3 should come back. He is weak(physically) and I am not knocking the kid, he is going to be good. I completely disagree with any analyst that thinks he will be a first round draft pick. If he does go I wish him well.

He is projected as a 3 in the NBA. He has been playing the 4 for UM. He isn't weak, he is guarding bigger players. He will be a lottery pick if he goes.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Lottery is top 10, and I understand that he is quote playing a 4 defensively but he isn't consistently lighting it up offensively. Again, I think he is going to be very good. Wish him well if he goes. I don't think first just my opinion and I definitely don't see him as one of the 10 best.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Lottery is 14 teams. The NBA drafts on potential not accomplishment. NBA teams would rather develop a player on their roster. There are only two rounds in the NBA draft, and they are afraid that if they pass on potential talent, it will come back to haunt them. And, if a player doesn't work out, it's easy to dump him.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Exactly. DeShaun Thomas is a top 10 NCAA player but doesn't have nearly the NBA potential of GRIII. Same can be said for guys like Draymond Green, Jared Sullinger, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Morgan was huge tonight   Morgan was huge tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Morgan was huge tonight
Page 1 of 1