Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It was a helluva run

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
GOBLUEJOE66
BetterThansparty
wshoes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

It was a helluva run Empty
PostSubject: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Great season Blue. Thanks for the thrills and the supreme effort.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

Ditto, I don't even like the game but they captured my attention.

Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

Still VERY proud of the Maize and Blue!!!

Go Blue!!

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 am

They played with class, win or lose.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 am

While it hurts to come so close and not finish the deal, it was a great and largely unexpected three weeks. I had almost forgotten what a deep march run was like. It was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am

Perfectly said, all of you. No slit wrists and/or blown-out brains, please. I'm still astounded at the fact, as commentators pointed out, that we fielded, day-for-day of age, the youngest team in the entire 68-team bracket. And there are 66 other teams that wish they had gotten where we did.

Great season, effort, and thrill, Coach B and men!!!
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Ditto, I don't even like the game but they captured my attention.

Go Blue!

Basketball will always be a distant second to football in my eyes but I really have enjoyed the game the last several years. Even during the dreaded Brian Ellerbe and Tommy Amaker seasons, I enjoyed filling out brackets, watching them go up in smoke during the second round and watching the tournament in general. Just like with college football, I have a list of several schools I joyously root against and cheer when they're knocked out of the tournament (Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc.)

But this year was extra special since I got to see my own team go on this run. I was down on them at the end of the season thinking like the media, that they were early exit team. In my bracket, I went with my head instead of my heart and had VCU knocking us out in the second game. For once, my bad picks actually helped in a reverse jinx up until last night. I did pick Louisville to win it all. That's the only thing that survived in my bracket.

Oh well. It was still a great season overall. And the program is in so much better shape now, obviously. I hope Beilein can keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 pm

It was a great run and I'm so proud of the way they fought. Remember they beat three really good teams to get to the finals. It was a brutal stretch and they have earned the right to hold their heads high.

That said, I still can't get the last 2 1/2 minutes of the first half out of my head. I watched them lose that 12 point lead and I knew right there it wasn't in the cards last night. That Louisville run will haunt me until football starts.

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...I still can't get the last 2 1/2 minutes of the first half out of my head. I watched them lose that 12 point lead and I knew right there it wasn't in the cards last night...

Unfortunately, Sandy, [victory in Monday's game] was in the "Cards"...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

You and your puns...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
You and your puns...

Ahem...you just now arrived at that realization/conclusion?

Trust me, 2nd, I've taken heat from many, many people regarding my sense of "humor".
And I invariably quote the late British actor David Niven, in his role in "Guns of Navarone":
"Hey---if I didn't crack a bad joke once in a while, I'd go completely insane..."
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Oh I've known about your puns for quite a white. But that one deserved commenting on...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was a helluva run   It was a helluva run Empty

Back to top Go down

It was a helluva run
Page 1 of 1