Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maurice Ways

Go down 
+3
MichiganFootball13
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Well I was hoping for a commit this past weekend but it didn't happen. Still, I found this quote from Maruice....

"My parents and I are going to talk. I don't know when right now," he said. "We're going to see what to do, what's the best fit for me and the best fit for them. I don't want to rush things though and panic right now. It's not a secret at all how I feel about Michigan. I just want to enjoy the moment right now."

Not a matter of if but when. The kid is a lock.

fishgoblue22

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Unless Auburn becomes the "best fit" for his parents. We know they have a track record of taking care of parents.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Unless Auburn becomes the "best fit" for his parents. We know they have a track record of taking care of parents.

well as far as I know, his parents don't have a nearly condemned church and a failing business. I think we're looking good here Very Happy

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Sparty WR coach Terry Samuel and Backs coach Brad Salem are visiting Maurice today. I hope he hears all he needs to today and realizes UM is where he needs to be.

MichiganFootball13

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 pm

I coached against Ways this last football season and honestly I was not exactly impressed with him. I watched almost every game of his in preparation of the game and I just don't see it. BUT I am a hs coach not a Michigan coach who knows far more than I hope to, so I trust them.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:16 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
I coached against Ways this last football season and honestly I was not exactly impressed with him. I watched almost every game of his in preparation of the game and I just don't see it. BUT I am a hs coach not a Michigan coach who knows far more than I hope to, so I trust them.

That is very interesting. Can you touch a bit more on the situation. I don't know anything about his HS style of play, how their O stacked up to your D (in particular how your CBs stacked up). His QB situation. I guess my list of questions could go on and on but if you can take a few minutes to touch on some of that and what you saw or didn't see (separation speed, athleticism, hands, strength, etc) that lead you to be less than impressed I would appreciate it. Inside or first hand knowledge is the best!

MichiganFootball13

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Well to start out his QB just signed with Rutgers and was being looked at by Michigan and is one of the best in Michigan prob top 3 if not top overall, so he was pretty damn good. Our DB's were, let's say, average at best, none over 5'10 and not a ton of speed or size. We just saw that if you smack him at the line he can't get off the line of scrimmage. Our scrawny, soph. CB (don't be fooled by a soph being on varsity, he should not have been up) only allowed one reception on a broken play. They threw for a little under 200 yards on us but Ways only had 2 catches for somewhere around 12 yards. The kid looks like a D1 WR and has the tools but he needs to get tougher, work on breakaway speed and on his separation or he will be in for a long road. Honestly, when I started preparing for DCD I was really excited to watch their game film because I heard about Michigan looking at the QB and Ways so I was expecting some real deal players, but was a little disappointed watching his game film. But like I said I am a HS coach, 24 years old at that, so I most likely do not see potential in players like the staff does. I just am not overly impressed with Ways. I'll try to think of more and I may go back to look at our game film tomorrow or so, its getting late here and my lack of sleep is catching up with me!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm

You've probably done more scouting on him than most scouting services, to be honest.

Thanks for the info.

ThatGuy

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Then maybe we should hope sparty gets him?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I think MF13 may be the resident expert here but Ways is ranked as the 9th best player in the state (2nd best WR behind Harris). He's clearly no schlub and I would hate to see him go to lil bro and have it come back to haunt us.

I still think Scott is the other must get WR in the class but I think the coaches feel fine with either M. Ways or KJ Williams as the #3.

One thing to think about is that we got a TE commit today (Bunting) but I'm starting to wonder if the staff would make way for Helm if he wanted to commit. If they do then it would most likely be first come first server between the remaining WR targets.

MichiganFootball13

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Ways does have the body and tools to be good so I would not be extremely disappointed if he ends up at Michigan. If this class was another 28 player class I'd say heck ya come here but since its such a small class (right now), i am a little hesitant. I don't want you guys to think that this kid is a bum because he is dang good I'm just not sure how he compares to kids outside of Michigan.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Ways does have the body and tools to be good so I would not be extremely disappointed if he ends up at Michigan. If this class was another 28 player class I'd say heck ya come here but since its such a small class (right now), i am a little hesitant. I don't want you guys to think that this kid is a bum because he is dang good I'm just not sure how he compares to kids outside of Michigan.

I agree with your statement about the size of the class and I recently read something, from coach Funk I believe, that was something along the lines of having the depth built at O Line with the last few classes so from here on out they are going to be very deliberate with who they extend offers to. I don't see that at the WR position yet so my only thought is that they are trying to build that depth.

I see that Rivals has him at #54 and Scout has him at #50 but that said, there may be 25 WRs in the top 50 that don't fit the mold of being a big, tall WR which is clearly what the staff prefers. Bottom line is I don't know and I can only speculate why they offered him and what the pecking order is of their board is at this point.

fishgoblue22

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
One thing to think about is that we got a TE commit today (Bunting) but I'm starting to wonder if the staff would make way for Helm if he wanted to commit. If they do then it would most likely be first come first server between the remaining WR targets.

My gut tells me we are going to see more two TE, one back sets in the near future. With Funches, Butt, Bunting, they are all tall receiving threats. I think we could see a Patriots type of offense. I could be wrong, but that is what I see coming.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I think MF13 may be the resident expert here but Ways is ranked as the 9th best player in the state (2nd best WR behind Harris). He's clearly no schlub and I would hate to see him go to lil bro and have it come back to haunt us.

I still think Scott is the other must get WR in the class but I think the coaches feel fine with either M. Ways or KJ Williams as the #3.

Helm commited to Tenneessee.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am

EJinGA wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

Helm commited to Tenneessee.

Wow, I did not see that. Thanks for that update.

joe

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Someone posted that 4 TEs declared yesterday?

That was on the other forum.

After Bunting, Helm declared for Tenn, NC TE Jeb Blazevich made a commitment to Georgia. Then IL TE Nic Weishar gave his commitment to Notre Dame last night.

I stole this from Hail on MLive.

joe

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

And apparently 3 of the 4 has Ohio offers! Very Happy

Maurice Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maurice Ways   Maurice Ways Empty

Back to top Go down

Maurice Ways
Page 1 of 1