Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello: Mo Ways

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
MichiganFootball13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Hello: Mo Ways Empty
PostSubject: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Welcome to the club! I know I've been a little critical of Mr. Ways but from reading about the kid I am starting to warm up to him. Plus he grew up a Michigan fan and what a great feeling it must have been for him to commit to his dream school. Go Blue!!!

Last edited by MichiganFootball13 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Whats up with all these early 3 star guys after last years commitments seems like an awful let down

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:09 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Welcome to the club! I know I've been a little critical of Mr. Ways but from reading about the kid I am starting to warm up to him. Plus he grew up a Michigan fan nod what a great feeling it must have been for him to commit to his dream school. Go Blue!!!

I can't imagine the feeling he felt when UM offered him.

I am the first in my family to go to college. I took the long road, military first, then JC. I applied to a few colleges but I really wanted to get into Jacobs School at UC San Diego. It was far and away my #1.

One day I went to mailbox, saw a letter from the school and my heart started beating. I walked into the house and put my stuff up. I cracked open a beer and sat on the couch. I stared at the envelope for a few seconds and opened it up. I took a deep breath and started to read. The only thing I could think of was the movie Rudy. Clearly my getting into UCSD is nothing like his struggle to get into ND but I could relate so it played through my mind. I read the letter, I sat it down on the couch next to me and just collapsed backwards into the cushion. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days.

I imagine that is how Mays must have felt only amplified by 1000.

Welcome Mr Mays.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Whats up with all these early 3 star guys after last years commitments seems like an awful let down

The camps are still to come. I imagine Speight, Bunting and Ways will all be 4*s by the end of the summer. I think Speight could jump into a top 5 QB and I look for Bunting to jump into the top 8 TEs and Ways to jump into the top 25 WRs. The only guy in this class that I am not excited about is Pallante. I think he gets a 3* at best.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I can't imagine the feeling he felt when UM offered him.

I am the first in my family to go to college. I took the long road, military first, then JC. I applied to a few colleges but I really wanted to get into Jacobs School at UC San Diego. It was far and away my #1.

One day I went to mailbox, saw a letter from the school and my heart started beating. I walked into the house and put my stuff up. I cracked open a beer and sat on the couch. I stared at the envelope for a few seconds and opened it up. I took a deep breath and started to read. The only thing I could think of was the movie Rudy. Clearly my getting into UCSD is nothing like his struggle to get into ND but I could relate so it played through my mind. I read the letter, I sat it down on the couch next to me and just collapsed backwards into the cushion. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days.

I imagine that is how Mays must have felt only amplified by 1000.

Welcome Mr Mays.

While I didn't play sports at Michigan I was excited after receiving "a large packet" (a rejection letter only takes a regular-size evelope) from Michigan. I was out with my friends when my Dad called me and told me I received something from Michigan. I dropped what I was doing (playing Golf) and came home to read the letter/packet. Yea, I had a satisfied smile on my face similar to that of just getting laid after reading the info.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:01 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
While I didn't play sports at Michigan I was excited after receiving "a large packet" (a rejection letter only takes a regular-size evelope) from Michigan. I was out with my friends when my Dad called me and told me I received something from Michigan. I dropped what I was doing (playing Golf) and came home to read the letter/packet. Yea, I had a satisfied smile on my face similar to that of just getting laid after reading the info.

At least you had your priorities in order, Mr. 2nd. Not that it takes much to justify crapping out on a game of golf (yep---I still refuse to use the word "sport"), but a presumed letter of acceptance from U-M would preempt just about anything! Just about...

Cute (true) story to relate: As you know, I was a lower-string pitcher for U-M. In December of my freshman year, we had a big snowfall. Then, a warm-up...to about 34 degrees. You know, perfect snowball weather? Anyway, it was a weeknight of our Chem final. The exam over with, everyone was so relieved, and in high spirits with Christmas break coming on. I was about to hit the sack, when I heard commotion outside my S.Q. window. There were at least 25-30 guys on each side of E.Madison, in a snowball battle with W.Q.!! With my arm, at age 18 being made of rubber and needing no warm-up, I often tell people this when they ask what level of "enthusiasm" I felt to go out and use it to the fullest:
"The hottest blonde on campus couldn't have kept me in that room that night! Well, let's say it would have been a really tough choice..".
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 pm

Ya know, they still do that every year (providing that there is snow-which there hasn't been for several years now). However, I certainly must question your priorities regarding a snowball fight vs. any girl in your dorm room. Although in your defense the snowball fight lasted longer than I'm sure that you, at 18, would have lasted with the blonde...

And yes I agree that golf walks the fine line between game and sport. It was more of a hobby anyway, something to do.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:25 pm

B/R (I don't put a ton of stock into B/R but it' something) views it a little differently. I can't really say that I disagree either...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1618353-michigan-football-what-2014-wr-maurice-ways-commitment-means-for-wolverines?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

So Ways and Harris have become really good friends of late and they have been talking about their upcoming senior years. They've decided to coin themselves and their play "Lob City" and they say they can't wait to bring Lob City to UM.

So you heard it here first, in two years you can yell Lob City when they go up and grab a pass and be ahead of your friends.

You're welcome for helping you seem like trend setters Very Happy

Also, FWIW, Ways is a three-star according to 247Sports with an 87 rating. 247Sports National Analyst Barton Simmons recently profiled Ways as one of ten players whose stock is likely to rise this off-season.

Ways is the seventh receiver recruited under Coach Hoke to be a height of 6'4" or greater.

PostSubject: Re: Hello: Mo Ways   Hello: Mo Ways Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello: Mo Ways
Page 1 of 1