Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Student seating.

Go down 
+2
Admin
ThatGuy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 am

It's going General Addmission this fall. Personally I don't think that it'll make the much difference. It basically was anyway. I also can't really see people who arrive right at kick0off going down too far into the bowl to "look" for a spot. IMHO that may leave some thinly populated areas. I could be wrong but who knows?

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/72595

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 am

Good. That's how it should be.

And if this season there is still a huge band at the top of empty seats, in 2014 they need to simply decrease the number of student tickets available.

Some of us real fans would love to get into that stadium for $40 freaking bucks, and would sit anywhere at that cost (because let's face it, there truly isn't a bad seat in the Big House).

uofmchris

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

My mom has had tickets in the same seats (section 34, row 40, aisle) for 30 years, and just last year she was forced out of her seats because the student section was expanding into section 34.... She ended up getting decent seats in the corner of the stadium, but each time I saw the empty student section on TV it made me pissed off. I agree with admin.. If the kids arent gonna go to the games, then UM Athletic Dept. needs to release more seats to the general public or the people who have been on wait lists for several years.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Well I didn't go to UM so I'd have to defer to an alumn that went to games but it was my understanding that upperclassmen got the better seats and the freshman and sophs had to wait their turn to get those seats. It would suck to have waited 3 years to get the front seats and now it's GA. Then again, seeing the student section only half full until the second quarter is kind of embarrassing.

I guess as a freshman you could always find a senior that wasn't going to get tickets anyway and have him buy them for you so you could get better seats.

What sucks is, the party crowd. I know that pre-game parties are one of the best things about game day. In the old system you could always stay at the party until the last minute and still be assured to get good seats provided you were an upperclassman. Now you'll have to leave two hours early to get in line to get good seats. That kind of sucks I guess.

Either way, I'm not a student so it doesn't really pertain to me but I think old system may have been better.

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Yeah when I was a student it was based on seniority. I had 2nd row seats as a senior, but paid my dues with "crappy"seats (is that even possible at the big house?...NO... but you get the point)....

There is a senior posting on the other forum who is absolutely pissed at the whole change... I dont blame him, but at the same time, it was only a matter of time and it was unfortunate that it had to happen when he was going into his senior year...

It's gonna suck for the families, and die hards, who want to get into the stadium early.. They will have to either wait in line with the thousands of students lined up, or they will just have to use a different entrance. (I guess that is not too bad of an option)... I think we will see a dedicated 'students only' entrance in the near future.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I really don't see it working. I understand the reasoning behind it but Beer, girls, and beer-pong always trumps football for students.

Admin was talking about the empty seats above the section entrances at the start of games. Why would someone get their early just to sit/stand in those seats. Students come, just not always on time.

This really isn't fair for the Seniors. Look at the poll that the daily has set up to see the Michigan student reaction. Maybe an idea would be for the first 10 rows to be reserved for Seniors, rows 11-20 Juniors, and then the rest GA. Freshmen/Sopmores can't drink (legally, we know that they do anyway) so they'll always be the first people there. The problem with mny idea about Seniors in rows 1-10 is enforcing that...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm

I think it would be simple. Just designate rows 1-10 for seniors and instead of the tickets showing 'GA' they would be assigned a row, seat #, etc.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Sounds simple but nothing is. Kids would just go down there anbd act like they belong. It would create a lot of drama.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I cant speak for you, but when I was a student, and someone was in my seat (when I was a senior) I made sure their ass was out of my seat when I got to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Kids are idiots, I know, I was one (and it's a pretty safe bet that you were too). I see nothing but trouble.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Feel bad for the seniors as well. When I was a student it was prioritized by year but there were still long lines to get the best seats within that year. When I was a senior, student tickets wound all the way to the 50 yd line. I was part of a group that camped out for 2 days to get the best senior tickets and we got them-half way up on the home 50.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:22 pm

There are/were a lot of politics in reference to student tickets. I know of groups of people who really played the PC/Diversity game well at Michigan. For instance: they made groups of people from different ethicities, genders, sexual orientation, socioecomonic class, etc. and made a please to the AD saying that would represent the university mission of all inclusion on TV. Ironically, that's why you very rarely see hot women in the first couple of rows. Attractive girls are a dime a dozen (and I'm not intending to be strerotypical here but I guess I am) and frequently not the brightest. That's why sparty hs so many attractive strippers/Hooters girls as students.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:00 pm

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/i-feel-like-im-getting-shafted-michigan-students-upset-over-new-football-seating-policies-prices/

I remember when I was at Michigan student tickets where $19.50 a game. OMG, I've just become an old man...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 am

uofmchris wrote:
Yeah when I was a student it was based on seniority. I had 2nd row seats as a senior, but paid my dues with "crappy"seats (is that even possible at the big house?...NO... but you get the point)....

My daughter is absolutely pissed, finally a senior and they change the rules. She says petitions are circulating, but I don't see Brandon coming off of his high horse. They just started a program last season to weed out the party-hardy-ers that don't show until the 2nd quarter, and never gave the program a chance to work.

Evil or Very Mad

Student seating. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student seating.   Student seating. Empty

Back to top Go down

Student seating.
Page 1 of 1