Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan Empty
PostSubject: 4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan   4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm

This is GREAT. I wanted him over Helm anyway but I was sure of it that he was going to commit to ND.

Great pickup IMO

You can really see the emphasis on the position by this staff. 2012 - Funches, 2013 - Butt, 2014 - Bunting. All over 6'5". Funchess was the smallest coming in at 205 but I think he's up to 230 now.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan   4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Analysis: At 6-foot-6, and 210-pounds Bunting will create mismatches for opposing defenses. Bunting is the type of tight end that will primarily line up in the slot or sometimes out wide to expose those mismatches. Bunting shows a good burst after the catch and has enough speed to take it the distance. Similar to Michigan’s Devin Funchess, Bunting should be a great weapon in the red-zone against smaller defenders. Bunting shows strong hands with the ability to extend and pluck the ball out of the air. He does a great job of catching the football in traffic. Bunting shows the athleticism to make defenders miss and the strength to break tackles and get up field on short catches and screens. He does a nice job of working with his quarterback in scramble situations to find an open area. I really like Bunting’s burst in and out of his breaks for as tall and long as he is. The ceiling is very high for Bunting, especially being in a very tight end friendly system at Michigan.

Improvements
: Bunting has already added some muscle to his frame but he obviously needs some work to do physically. Based off his highlights, Bunting isn’t afraid to stick his helmet out there and make a huge block, although he will need that time in the weight room to be more effective as a blocker in college. Bunting can improve by doing a better job of posting up and shielding his defenders off on jump balls.

- Clint Brewster Michigan Insider Wolverine247

PostSubject: Re: 4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan   4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 am

Both Rivals and Scout have him as a 3 star kid, and listed at 6-7. Big dude.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan   4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am

EJinGA wrote:
Both Rivals and Scout have him as a 3 star kid, and listed at 6-7. Big dude.

yep I should have mentioned that. I got that info from 24/7 and they have him at a 4*. He can easily end up a 4* after camps this summer. Scout has him as the #17, Rivals has him as the #14 and 247 has him as the #11 TE. Regardless, he's got the size we're looking for and he's got a nice foundation for the coaches to start with to turn him into the all B1G TE he can be.

PostSubject: Re: 4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan   4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

4* TE Ian Bunting commits to Michigan
Page 1 of 1