Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Detroit Tigers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: Detroit Tigers Empty
PostSubject: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Even B/R is jumping on the bash-Leyland bandwagon. It is no secret, to anyone that knows me, that I DO NOT like Jose Valverde. Yes Detroit management screwed up this off-season by not landing a proven closer, but now via dumb luck and against my better judgement (as if I play even a minor role in decisions for th Tigers) we have Valverde back. After the season started I was "kind of" pulling for him to come back, or for th Tigers to sign Heath Bell which shows you how desperate I was. Even though he isn't my first, second, or even tenth choice I am "somewhat" confident going into the ninth now. Not much more than when Todd Jones was our closer, but at least I now know. The following article is one, of several reasons why whenever I post a B/R article I always say "It's B/R but..."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1616308-detroit-tigers-jim-leyland-completely-botched-bullpen-moves?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=detroit-tigers

Things could be worse Tigers fans. A lot worse, we could be Cubs fans and have to deal with Carlos Marmol.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:27 am

Jim Leyland is a top 5 manager on MLB and bringing Valverde back was a no brainier. If he has regained his velocity and confidence, he will save a lot of games this year for little money. I like the move.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:37 pm

I like Leyland, don't like Valverde, but he had no choice. Because baseball is so big in Michigan there are a ton of idiots who call into radio shows and act like they know what they are talking about. Meanwhile, they were cut from their High School baseball teams as sophomores....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I like Leyland, don't like Valverde, but he had no choice. Because baseball is so big in Michigan there are a ton of idiots who call into radio shows and act like they know what they are talking about. Meanwhile, they were cut from their High School baseball teams as sophomores....

I think we agree. Valverde is a good closer, but his actions on the mound are annoying. He lost his confidence and his control last season. Seems to have gotten both back so far. Hope it stays. Tigers need a closer.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Yea, I may dislike Valverde as a player but also understand we need him. I'm also in two fantasy baseball leagues and when I heard that Tigers signed that dolt to a minor league deal I picked him up for both leagues. I guess that means that I want him to do well, and of course I've always wanted the Tigers to do well. I remember the '84 championship season, that was one of the happiest years of my life.

It's getting scary 'fish, I think that we're up to 5 things that we agree on.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Detroit Tigers   OT: Detroit Tigers Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Detroit Tigers
Page 1 of 1