Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

O$U a preseason #1?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

O$U a preseason #1? Empty
PostSubject: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:27 pm

The writer claims the Suckguys will have an easier schedule than last year.... What? How could it possilby get any easier?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9214725/ohio-state-buckeyes-take-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm

The problem is that rankings these days are based on who has the easiest road to get to the championship, versus simply who are the best teams.

I'm sorry, but over the history of CFB, there have been plenty of 1-loss and maybe 2-loss teams that would have kicked the shit out of the eventual, undefeated National Champion.

The fact that pollsters now are ranking based on schedule difficulty is absurd.

You rank a team based on their talent and ability to win football games, not the cupcakes on their schedule.

Does OSU deserve #1? No. Alabama should be the #1 team until someone finally supplants them. OSU a Top 5 team? Sure. They definitely have the TALENT AND ABILITY TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES, enough to make them one of the Top 5 teams in the country.

The way pollsters handle rankings these days drives me up a very, very tall wall.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm

OSU has a cake schedule every year. They're affraid to play anyone, and somehow get rewarded in the rankings. They get one big game a year, and thats UofM.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:25 pm

EJ, they will be quick to remind you of when they had home-and-homes with Texas and u$c....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 pm

They also wiped ND off the map 2 years in a row.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
EJ, they will be quick to remind you of when they had home-and-homes with Texas and u$c....

they won't be so quick to remind you that they went 1-3 against Texas and USC though. And they also won't be so quick to tell you that their record vs the SEC is downright laughable.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 pm

EJinGA wrote:
The writer claims the Suckguys will have an easier schedule than last year.... What? How could it possilby get any easier?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9214725/ohio-state-buckeyes-take-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25

What I don't like about this ranking is they are given the #1 preseason because they have an easy schedule. The same dude was already on records saying he thinks Alabama is better but can't vote them #1 because of their schedule. WTF is that?

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:35 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

they won't be so quick to remind you that they went 1-3 against Texas and USC though. And they also won't be so quick to tell you that their record vs the SEC is downright laughable.

Ah yes but if that comes up they'll remind you that they schedlued tough teams and didn't lose to App. State or Toledo.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O$U a preseason #1?   O$U a preseason #1? Empty

Back to top Go down

O$U a preseason #1?
Page 1 of 1