Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weekend visitors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyThu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Visitors this weekend include:

3* #28 MLB Chase Winovich
4* #12 DE Lawrence Marshall
NR 2015 RB/ATH Jerome Baker

Ferns, Harris, Speight and Ways will also be in A2 this weekend to talk to the prospects visiting.

At this point Winovich is the top target. After missing out on Kyle Berger, I think Winovich is the top target given the fact that Booker will most likely end up at O$U. Most people still have this at 50/50 between UM and O$U. It is definitely going to be between these two schools and we can't afford to lose another LB target to O$U this year. They already have Berger and Hubbard and will probably add Booker too. We gotta get this kid. If we don't then we may throw offers out to other LBs and IMO it's never a good thing to throw out backup offers this late in the process. It gives the impression of a reactive scramble opposed to a proactive offer.

The Marshall visit could get interesting. I still think he'll end up a sparty. Too many factors with his friends already playing there and his MANY MANY visits (including the last 3 weeks in a row a I think). But this time is gonna be different for UM. Ways is going to be in town so now there is someone he knows preaching about UM into his ear. In the end he'll be a sparty but as along as get McDowell I won't mind the least bit about losing Marshall.

The Baker visit will also be interesting. UM hasn't offered because they said they want to offer in person. So IMO it is a done deal he gets an offer this weekend. What's interesting is how they offer him. Will they offer him as RB or something else. He's got the frame to play a lot of positions. Our 2014 RB recruitment is shaping up to be a dud. The idea has been thrown around that UM holds off this year and takes two RBs next year. It's a given that Damien Harris is our number one RB recruit next year but if the coaches could land Harris and Baker it would be a really nice haul (think Green and Smith from last year). With an O$U offer in hand and an unofficial visit to Columbus last week, a lot of people think O$U is the favorite but that will all change this weekend. I can't wait to read about what he thinks of UM after this weekend.

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Any new news on Peppers?

I agree that landing McDowell would negate the need for Marshall.

All this talk about Peppers is getting me excited. It will be a great day when/if we get his commitment.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:06 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Any new news on Peppers?

I agree that landing McDowell would negate the need for Marshall.

All this talk about Peppers is getting me excited. It will be a great day when/if we get his commitment.

again, rumors are starting to swirl that Peppers will make his decision soon. Here are a few factors to consider though when trying to guess a date...

1. He has a scheduled visit to PSU on the 18th of this month.
2. His father gets out of prison in June.
3. He has cancelled his June visit to Stanford.

if I had to put money on it, I'd bet he commits soon after his PSU visit.

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:22 pm

PSU makes me a bit nervous.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:58 pm

EJinGA wrote:
PSU makes me a bit nervous.

They shouldn't. Unless every credible recruiting scout in the nation is dead wrong, Peppers will be at UM.

Yes the 2nd PSU visit is a bit unnerving considering PSU was never even on his short list but his coach loves PSU and wants him to take a second look.

His dad is in Federal Prison in Pennsylvania, but he will get out very soon and most likely go back to New Jersey. His dad will probably be put under a few years of federally supervised release (like parole on the state level) and probably won't be able to leave the federal district of his home of record unless granted permission. So yes, what happens with his father is a big factor but if anything, that should put Rutgers back into play since his dad's crime was in New Jersey and not Penn St.

I'm no expert but I know enough (from family members in prison) that with in the federal system you are basically assigned to a prison. I believe they try to lock you up close to your home so family members can visit without having to travel too far but that doesn't always happen. When he gets out he'll probably be put in a halfway home where he will be given a supervisor and help getting back on his feet (job, residence, etc). Normally they do have a choice at where they live after they get out but only if they meet certain criteria so living in Michigan should be an option for him once he gets out.

So again, for those worried that his dad's post prison situation is going to be a factor my thoughts are, yes - his dad's situation will be a factor but, no - his situation isn't a hurdle that will sway Peppers away from UM.

I guess the bottom line is I don't see Peppers dad living in Pennsylvania after he gets out so I don't see Peppers at PSU.

sandyeggo_blue

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Big weekend. IMO we can't afford a swing and a miss on Chase Winovich.

sandyeggo_blue

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:31 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...The Marshall visit could get interesting. I still think he'll end up a sparty. Too many factors with his friends already playing there and his MANY MANY visits (including the last 3 weeks in a row a I think). But this time is gonna be different for UM. Ways is going to be in town so now there is someone he knows preaching about UM into his ear. In the end he'll be a sparty but as along as get McDowell I won't mind the least bit about losing Marshall...

I was wrong and I LOVE IT!!!!!

Ways got him onboard. No doubt about it.

Weekend visitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend visitors   Weekend visitors Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekend visitors
Page 1 of 1