Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2014 B1G Schedule

Go down 
+2
BetterThansparty
WolverineHistorian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:08 pm

If this isn't the biggest load of crap, I don't know what is...

9/27 - Minnesota
10/4 - @ Rutgers
10/11 - Penn State
10/25 - @ MSU
11/1 - Indiana
11/8 - @ Northwestern
11/22 - Maryland
11/29 - @ Ohio State

Some thoughts...

1. No, that is not a typo you're reading for October 25th. We play at MSU for the second straight year. Why that is even allowed is beyond me. You cannot play at a rival's school two years in a row. No team from a major conference has done that in the modern history of college football. This means we will now travel to OSU and MSU the same year. We always alternate those games at home. MSU during even numbered years, OSU during odd numbered years. That's the way it's been and the way it should stay.

2. That is probably the worst home schedule in the history of Michigan football. Our students have had major issues showing up to games until halftime the last couple of years. I doubt the majority of them even show up for those opponents.

3. This is all because of more realignment with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. I didn't want them in the conference when it was first announced and now because of this scheduling crap, I REALLY don't want them in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:31 pm

That does look imbalanced but because of the odd-number of games in the conference season we alternate between 4 and 5 road games. We only have 4 road games that year, maybe making our road games tougher in years that we have fewer road games is an attempt at equality? Still not saying that I like it but that's another way to look at it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:55 pm

That's a cake home schedule. Not much to get excited about if you're attending the games.

Overall the conference schedule got a lot easier.

I do agree with the OP. Losing that home game against MSU is a joke. Those were the games I always went to. What a way to screw the fans.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Valenti just about blew a blood vessel. He insists that Delaney is ask about Michigan with the scheduling. He's a joke, we all know that though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:50 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
If this isn't the biggest load of crap, I don't know what is...

9/27 - Minnesota
10/4 - @ Rutgers
10/11 - Penn State
10/25 - @ MSU
11/1 - Indiana
11/8 - @ Northwestern
11/22 - Maryland
11/29 - @ Ohio State

Some thoughts...

1. No, that is not a typo you're reading for October 25th. We play at MSU for the second straight year. Why that is even allowed is beyond me. You cannot play at a rival's school two years in a row. No team from a major conference has done that in the modern history of college football. This means we will now travel to OSU and MSU the same year. We always alternate those games at home. MSU during even numbered years, OSU during odd numbered years. That's the way it's been and the way it should stay.

2. That is probably the worst home schedule in the history of Michigan football. Our students have had major issues showing up to games until halftime the last couple of years. I doubt the majority of them even show up for those opponents.

3. This is all because of more realignment with the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. I didn't want them in the conference when it was first announced and now because of this scheduling crap, I REALLY don't want them in.

Don't forget we play the chickens at their place in 14!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Don't forget the "revenge game" when mighty Appalachian State comes back to AA to kick off the 14' season. Then the "chicken game" at Notre Dame. Miami Ohio and Utah other 2 home NC games.

The students have to pay more money for this schedule, I'm sure they will be really excited.

I don't know about everybody else, but I hate the 2 bye weeks. This yr. a bye in sept. & oct., weather in Michigan is usually nice, hate to have no football. (I guess the wifes will be happy, haha!!!) Atleast the of the byes in 14' is in nov.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:05 am

Shit schedule.

Hands down.

Two straight years we have to play in East Lansing.

Two straight years we have to play in Evanston (which, on a personal level, I actually LOOOOOOVE as a Chicago resident!).

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:38 pm

You would, but Northwestern is actually getting good. That tool Valenti was ripping on Michigan for playing Northwestern and I was tempted to call in and say that they at least won a B1G TEN home game last year.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:32 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
You would, but Northwestern is actually getting good. That tool Valenti was ripping on Michigan for playing Northwestern and I was tempted to call in and say that they at least won a B1G TEN home game last year.

I know I'll hate myself later for asking this but why was he ripping us for playing Northwestern? Sparty's schedule is pretty pathetic this year. And once again, they don't play OSU.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm

That idiot was saying that we get Northwestern and sparty has to play Nebraska. Boo frickin' who...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2014 B1G Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 B1G Schedule   2014 B1G Schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 B1G Schedule
Page 1 of 1