Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schedule

Go down 
+4
1umgoblue85
BetterThansparty
booboo
WillieMfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Schedule   Schedule EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 pm

This place has been dead lately. Sad Anyone see the schedule for this year? They have all of the game times up until November sans MSU. There was a lot of talk about it on Twitter yesterday because Michigan does not have a single noon game on the schedule so far. How do you guys feel about the mid-afternoon games? I am sure it works well for San Diego. Here is the schedule if you have not seen it:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/mich-m-footbl-sched.html
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:00 am

I love it!!! My reasons are selfish, I work high school football, by time game is over, if road game get back to school late, clean up, post game food. Sometimes I have sat. morning responsibilities for FB. I try if possible to get to AA early to tailgate with friends and not stuck in traffic. Lack of sleep fri. nite and sometimes rushing around sat. morning can be hectic.

Plus 3:30 start, atmosphere is better, crowd is rowdier, fans get to stadium earlier. Possibly fans might have had a beer or 2 or more can help crowd be a little more louder. Noon games, atmosphere is not as exciting, stadium takes time to fill, especially if game is against a MAC team. Of course OSU, Nebraska, MSU, ND, atmosphere is awesome no matter game time.

So yes I'm going to love game starts this yr. GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:29 am

Ditto, late starts are GREAT!!!!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: I love the prime time games!   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 am

Winning cures everything! Noon is for zeroes; 3:30=prime time heroes!

Admin
Admin

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am

My only issue is killing time...i.e. calming my nerves.

I like the start times for the exposure, but my selfish interests call for noon starts.

I've always liked watching Gameday, watching the guys make their picks, pan out to widescreen shot of the Big House.

And I don't even have a lawn to mow to keep me busy in the am's.

Now of course, this is for when I'm home watching. For the games I attend, I love this lol. 3+ more hours to drink and have fun tailgating.

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:55 am

My only problem with the late starts is the anticipation on Game Day, and the amount of alcohol consumed before kick-off.

Re: the forum, it's kind of a dead time of the season, especially with '13 recruiting pretty well wrapped up. I'm sure it'll be rockin' come August!

sandyeggo_blue

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
....My only problem with the late starts is the anticipation on Game Day, and the amount of alcohol consumed before kick-off....

+1 wolverdog

for me here in San Diego the late games give me time to get up and around before I walk over to the bar. With noon games I have to be at the bar by 7:30 or 8 a.m. at the latest to get a good seat. By the time the game gets over and I sit around and talk about the game over a few more whiskey cokes with the other M fans it's 2 or 3 in the afternoon and that makes for a long day.

3:30 games are perfect for me here but I clearly see wolverdog's point. The big difference is I get to walk home whereas a late game in AA makes for a lot of drunks on the road.

BetterThansparty

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Remember, college football is all about the students. It's better for them to have a late kick-off, it doesn't matter what time zone you're in. The students like late kick-offs better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 5:22 pm

1umgoblue85 wrote:
Winning cures everything! Noon is for zeroes; 3:30=prime time heroes!

I kind of feel the same way about this but Michigan usually has so many noon games.

Admin wrote:

Now of course, this is for when I'm home watching. For the games I attend, I love this lol. 3+ more hours to drink and have fun tailgating.

Not sure about this one. They have to keep things lame in AA. The lots open 4-5 hours before games regardless of start times. I wish it was not this way.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:
....My only problem with the late starts is the anticipation on Game Day, and the amount of alcohol consumed before kick-off....

+1 wolverdog

for me here in San Diego the late games give me time to get up and around before I walk over to the bar. With noon games I have to be at the bar by 7:30 or 8 a.m. at the latest to get a good seat. By the time the game gets over and I sit around and talk about the game over a few more whiskey cokes with the other M fans it's 2 or 3 in the afternoon and that makes for a long day.

3:30 games are perfect for me here but I clearly see wolverdog's point. The big difference is I get to walk home whereas a late game in AA makes for a lot of drunks on the road.

I knew you would love this.

For me I worry about getting nothing done on Saturday's. The noon starts were good because you can get on to other things after 3:30. Now I can see Saturday's being wasted waiting for the game to start and then when they finish the day is mostly over. I mostly like this my family will not.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:12 pm

I typically spend my entire Saturday watching games. Wake up, flip on Gameday, and CFB is on the tube until the very last Pac-12 game is over (usually on some random channel like Versus, gets over about 12:30-1am).

The girlfriend hates it. But I tell her 'Look, I only get 12-13 of these a year, so I'm watching all day.'

If I order in food for noon starts and have a bottle of wine for her for the primetime games, I usually don't have to deal with too much grief.

I'm terrified of the future of having a son who has his own sporting events on fall Saturdays. Clearly he'll mean way more to me, but that first season or two will be tough to get used to.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 pm

I try to pick and choose my times. With the invention of Fantasy Football my Sunday's tends to get ruined watching football as well. So I try to find some balance but it is hard.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Watching other college football games is so much more fun when your team is already finished with a win under their belt. So I really prefer the noon games anyway. Trouble is, the big games rarely start at noon so that's 3 more hours to worry and be stressed out. I'm getting better about that, though. Ten years ago, I was REALLY a mess waiting for big games to start.

I hardly ever drink and last year's Minnesota game was officially the first time I've ever "tailgated," so it's a much different experience for me. Although that was really more of an all day birthday party for a friend of mine across the street from the big house than a tailgate. That would be an ideal party for me if my birthday wasn't in February.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, I only ever drink for/during the game if I'm on site.

Never drink if I'm watching on TV.

Sponsored content

Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schedule   Schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Schedule
Page 1 of 1